Jump to content


Um?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSanta911

SuperSanta911

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

hi all, had a few quick questions about the hopup and piston head.

I was planning on getting a M16 sometime soon, and i need to downgrade the spring to be field legal.
Is there anything i need to change when i do that?

And about the hopup, i was planning on installing a Prommy tightbore and a new bucking, a firefly.

Would that fit? If or if not, what are other reccomended combinations to be used alongside a prommy barrel that will allow me for increased accuracy and range from the stock setup?

And the Piston, i hear that metal piston head are notorious for breaking the V2's, so i was gonna go down to a polycarb piston and head, is that reccomended? Is it safe for use? and is there anything i would also need to replace if i did that?

I hope you can help, i want the best out of this bad boy.

Thanks

#2 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

View PostSuperSanta911, on Nov 27 2008, 02:39 PM, said:

hi all, had a few quick questions about the hopup and piston head.

I was planning on getting a M16 sometime soon, and i need to downgrade the spring to be field legal.
Is there anything i need to change when i do that?

And about the hopup, i was planning on installing a Prommy tightbore and a new bucking, a firefly.

Would that fit? If or if not, what are other reccomended combinations to be used alongside a prommy barrel that will allow me for increased accuracy and range from the stock setup?

And the Piston, i hear that metal piston head are notorious for breaking the V2's, so i was gonna go down to a polycarb piston and head, is that reccomended? Is it safe for use? and is there anything i would also need to replace if i did that?

I hope you can help, i want the best out of this bad boy.

Thanks

Why spend more on a tighbore when you are downgrading?
There will be a little change but I doubt if you will notice it. But if you have the money to burn go ahead. Just keep in mind that the KWA already has a 6.04 barrel. These AEGs were built to literally "outperform". How low is your FPS limit?  If its 350 you can just wait for your spring to settle while you go thru the warranty period. If it doesnt go below 350 after the warranty then you can crack it open  :lol:

#3 SuperSanta911

SuperSanta911

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Nov 27 2008, 05:57 PM, said:

Why spend more on a tighbore when you are downgrading?
There will be a little change but I doubt if you will notice it. But if you have the money to burn go ahead. Just keep in mind that the KWA already has a 6.04 barrel. These AEGs were built to literally "outperform". How low is your FPS limit?  If its 350 you can just wait for your spring to settle while you go thru the warranty period. If it doesnt go below 350 after the warranty then you can crack it open  :lol:

the field limit is 400 and the M130 is 410-435   so its too high

i still need some advice on the piston situation.
can you help?
and i never heard anything about a 6.04 barrel?
maybe someone got lucky and got the - .03 spec...

#4 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:32 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Nov 27 2008, 03:57 PM, said:

Why spend more on a tighbore when you are downgrading?
There will be a little change but I doubt if you will notice it. But if you have the money to burn go ahead. Just keep in mind that the KWA already has a 6.04 barrel. These AEGs were built to literally "outperform". How low is your FPS limit?  If its 350 you can just wait for your spring to settle while you go thru the warranty period. If it doesnt go below 350 after the warranty then you can crack it open  :lol:

I don't believe KWAs come with a 6.04. I believe it is 6.05

#5 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Nov 27 2008, 09:32 PM, said:

I don't believe KWAs come with a 6.04. I believe it is 6.05


Its 6.05 +- ..That means there are chances of getting a 6.04 with KWA. well thats being optimistic. Anyway the Groupings are okay. You woudnt see that much change with low fps setups. The harder it shoots the more consistent it will get.


The m130 will settle around 420-435.
About the piston ... I woudnt suggest using a polycarb since they break/warp easily.  The stock Piston head is okay. Keep the Stock cylinder head to absorb the pressure. I wouldnt worry about breaking gearboxes m130 below.  check this out: http://www.kwausa.co...p?showtopic=449  unless you find better aftrmarket parts than whats on your AEG, Dont change it  :lol:

#6 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:37 AM

Yeah, wait until your warrenty is over, then you may want to downgrade.

Or, you could just get the KM-4a1, with a stock m120 (400fps or so), or if your fps limit is lower, try out the CQB, with 350fps.

As for the tightbore, I believe it was 6.05 +/- .03, so you could end up getting a 6.08 inner barrel, and getting a bad stock barrel (like me). I don't mean to turn you off of KWAs. I reccommend getting a tightbore, depending on the field you play.

#7 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:40 AM

View Postbrooklyn468, on Nov 28 2008, 08:37 AM, said:

Yeah, wait until your warrenty is over, then you may want to downgrade.

Or, you could just get the KM-4a1, with a stock m120 (400fps or so), or if your fps limit is lower, try out the CQB, with 350fps.

As for the tightbore, I believe it was 6.05 +/- .03, so you could end up getting a 6.08 inner barrel, and getting a bad stock barrel (like me). I don't mean to turn you off of KWAs. I reccommend getting a tightbore, depending on the field you play.

Yes, if I remember correctly 6.05+/-.03 is right.  So technically, you could get a 6.02mm barrel right?  

Generally though, the barrels are usually 6.05mm to my knowledge.  

Brooklyn makes a good point, but get the gun you want most.  

Like everyone said, an M130 will put you around 420+ fps.  A tightbore adds around 15-20 fps I believe.  If your fps limit is 400 fps, I would get an M110 spring (if you are going to use a TBB) or something that is in between an M110 and an M120.

#8 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Nov 28 2008, 08:40 AM, said:

Yes, if I remember correctly 6.05+/-.03 is right.  So technically, you could get a 6.02mm barrel right?  

Generally though, the barrels are usually 6.05mm to my knowledge.  

Brooklyn makes a good point, but get the gun you want most.  

Like everyone said, an M130 will put you around 420+ fps.  A tightbore adds around 15-20 fps I believe.  If your fps limit is 400 fps, I would get an M110 spring (if you are going to use a TBB) or something that is in between an M110 and an M120.


yah.. or you could try PDi they mak great springs! Pdi170 will do the trick!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users