Jump to content


Kriss Super V Smg


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Solscud007

Solscud007

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Country:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

So a little Holiday treat for myself. I got to shoot the real Kriss SMG at American Shooters in Vegas.

Posted Image

#2 Solscud007

Solscud007

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Country:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

Another FPV video but this time shooting the full auto Kriss SMG!!



#3 Grindstone

Grindstone

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SW OKC, OK
  • Country:

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:40 AM

Looks like fun! That thing can spit some fire.

A local gun store in my area has one for rent as well. I've been contemplating laying down the cash (have to pay for rental, ammo, and range time <_<  ).

#4 Solscud007

Solscud007

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Country:

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:51 AM

View PostGrindstone, on 29 December 2011 - 05:40 AM, said:

Looks like fun! That thing can spit some fire.

A local gun store in my area has one for rent as well. I've been contemplating laying down the cash (have to pay for rental, ammo, and range time <_<  ).


Yep. that short 5.5" barrel doesnt allow for all the powder to be burnt. Compared to my carbine. When I shot my Kriss at night with IR/NV, I was surpised how little IR signature it had. That 16 inch barrel effectively allows the powder to be spent before the round leaves the barrel. So no fire coming out. There were a couple of sparks here and there from the chamber area, not sure what that was though.

It is worth it. I have been itching to try the SMG since I got my Kriss Carbine. The most important thing for me was to really test the SMG. Which is why I went semi for a few rounds, then 2 rd burst. Then 2rd burst one handed. Then I could play with the second mag with full auto. Seeing other videos of the SMG, I knew the rate of fire was high. So 25 rds in the mag would go pretty quickly in full auto. Dont lay on the trigger for the full mag. Shoot it in bursts and really feel the gun.

Edited by Solscud007, 29 December 2011 - 05:53 AM.


#5 Grindstone

Grindstone

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SW OKC, OK
  • Country:

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

View PostSolscud007, on 29 December 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

Yep. that short 5.5" barrel doesnt allow for all the powder to be burnt. Compared to my carbine. When I shot my Kriss at night with IR/NV, I was surpised how little IR signature it had. That 16 inch barrel effectively allows the powder to be spent before the round leaves the barrel. So no fire coming out. There were a couple of sparks here and there from the chamber area, not sure what that was though.
Sounds like slight inconsistant burning powder. I wouldn't worry about it.
Too bad no one makes super-efficent burning cartridges like the old Prussian needle-guns anymore. I could go on about reinventing the centerfire cartridge...

View PostSolscud007, on 29 December 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

It is worth it. I have been itching to try the SMG since I got my Kriss Carbine. The most important thing for me was to really test the SMG. Which is why I went semi for a few rounds, then 2 rd burst. Then 2rd burst one handed. Then I could play with the second mag with full auto. Seeing other videos of the SMG, I knew the rate of fire was high. So 25 rds in the mag would go pretty quickly in full auto. Dont lay on the trigger for the full mag. Shoot it in bursts and really feel the gun.
I have no desire to buy the civvie version, 16" barrel on a S/O SMG just doesn't feel right to me. But letting off a few mags of .45 ACP in full auto is always fun. Maybe next paycheck.

#6 Solscud007

Solscud007

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Country:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Can anyone from KWA let us know if the ROF will mimic the real SMG? cause that rof is rather high. Also i hope 2 rd burst works as well as it does on the real SMG




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users