7 replies to this topic

#1 CynicBlue

CynicBlue

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

After a while, finally saved up some extra money to pick one up. My question is has KWA fix all of the problems(ie jamming, crack barrel) that the pistol had when it first came out? Is it like the ATP where the second batch fixed all the bugs?

#2 CDNRogue

CDNRogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I have had mine for a couple of weeks and probably at about 25 mags through it now and no issues. I also try not to "dry" fire it too much (no bb's) and I also did a complete clean and lube job before I even gassed and cocked the thing. KWA won't give a definitive answer but their support system is pretty good.
Perhaps others would be in a better situation to answer.

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hey Cynic. The problems that you've described have only occurred to a very select few guns, out of a few thousand or so made, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting a lemon. The forums highlight the flaws, and as you can see, these posts are very rare. If you do find an issue, you can always give customer support a ring. But seeing a post on this forum shouldn't deter you from buying the gun... it's a really comfy gun and it shoots great.

#4 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Its the best pistol i own..hands down..shoots hard..shoots far!..great gas efficiency. Ive upgraded my slide and outer barrel with the SD aluminum slide and outer barrel..gas efficiency went down a little..but still good. I suggest keeping it all stock..and when it comes time to change the bucking, install a guarder bucking.

( o Y o )

#5 CDNRogue

CDNRogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Good point Boobie. Keep it stock, give it a good cleaning for your 45 day warranty. That way if something goes wrong, its easy to tell if it was the pistol.

Edited by CDNRogue, 29 January 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#6 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Concur with Boobie that the HK45 is very good. Really pretty accurate to about 160-170'. I have no complaints with the stock hop and bucking. Read through the threads on here and you should be able to deal with any issues that come up.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostCynicBlue, on 28 January 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

After a while, finally saved up some extra money to pick one up. My question is has KWA fix all of the problems(ie jamming, crack barrel) that the pistol had when it first came out? Is it like the ATP where the second batch fixed all the bugs?
I really haven't heard recently on the Forums here of the problems you described that occurred during the early launch with the HK45.

We Mods tend to be hard on the guns we have. We don't misuse them mind you, but we don't baby them either. While my HK45 has had no feeding or hop-up issues, the outer barrel did crack.  I have had the replacement barrel, found in current production, for months and it is holding up great!

Hope this helps.

#8 CynicBlue

CynicBlue

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Alright I order one a few days ago and usp tracking says its delivered today. Too bad I'm still stuck at school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users