• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mattmen26

mattmen26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

What is a better gbb smg to get, the H&K mp7 or the Kwa kmp9? I know that Kwa it really hard to get parts for the mk 1911 series, but if something goes wrong with either gun are the parts easy to get? also which smg will be more reliable?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

I have both....They are both great SMGs....I prefer the MP9 for simplicity of design, ROF, and ease of repair.

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

I previously owned the MP9, I totally miss it and regret selling it. If I played more Id probably buy another.

#4 mattmen26

mattmen26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

View Postgcw360, on 05 November 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

I have both....They are both great SMGs....I prefer the MP9 for simplicity of design, ROF, and ease of repair.
Thanks I liked both smg's and just didnt know which one was a better weapon. I am going to get the mp9 in an hour because of the other good reviews ive heard other than yours!! THANKS!!!! :clap: :gun:

#5 IMORTALairsoft

IMORTALairsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

If u still haven't gotten the mp9, get the mp7. It can shoot about 10 feet further and is more accurate. I love mine and its awesome. Trust me you won't regret it if you get the mp7. Plus the mp7 is more reliable and has less problems.

#6 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

I run the KMP9, instead of the mp7, primarily because I wanted the foliage green gun since I have so many black guns and because it was cheaper.  Other things that helped me decide was the over all weight and magazine capacity.  The KMP9 holds more rounds than the MP7, by 9, and the weapon is over all a lighter platform to use.  Accuracy between the two is debatable, I've hit some good far targets using my KMP9.  The KMP9 fire signature is terrifying because of the cone on the front, so it makes you sound like you have a massive rifle.  (Scare factor).  And as GCW said, it is an easier platform to work on should something go wrong later on down the line.

however, if you want the MP7 because of the looks.  Then get it, they perform just as well as the KMP9 so you don't really have to worry about which is better in terms of performance.  The trigger on the MP7 I will admit is a lot nicer than the KMP9, but to me thats just a training issue.  remember it is your gun, you have to use it.  So find out what role you want this gun to fulfill and make sure that whatever you pick fills that role.  I don't want to say one is better than the other, I'm just stating some reasons why I decided to use the KMP9 instead of the MP7.  But if I had it my way, I would buy both haha.

#7 mattmen26

mattmen26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Thanks the last question is where i play is outdoor and indoor sometimes. I know the fps can be lowered in the mp9 with the bolt assembly thingy, but can it be lowered for cqb games in the mp7?

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

There's a low power bolt for the MP7 as well, which is much easier to install than the MP9's low power bolt.

#9 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Out of stock, of course. :)

-- Chuck

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Give KWA a call to check for availability. 626-581-1777 open weekdays 8:30-5:30 pst, closed weekends.

If buying it straight from KWA's pro shop isn't an option, you can always choose a KWA reseller like Airsoft GI or Evike.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users