New Lm4 Video From Evike Featuring Allizard! (Pulling A Cam Here)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postaaps59, on 14 April 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

FQKADVF CXBKERASD
MIND BLOWN, One of my local KWA retailers..!
Posted Image

Dammit, they're saying May/June for the Magpul version....no....I can wait another month for that Magpul lower haha.

#22 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postakiraspeedstar, on 14 April 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Dammit, they're saying May/June for the Magpul version....no....I can wait another month for that Magpul lower haha.

Yeah, were in the same boat. I hope its another month...

#23 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

I was going to get the Magpul version until I found that it says "made in Taiwan by KWA" on the Magpul lower just below the dust cover in white lettering.  On the Asia version that is, maybe it will be different in America? I doubt that...  The engraved trades on the Magpul Edition kind of ruin it for me.  If you guys don't like the KWA trades you could probably get some new ones laser engraved to your liking after removing the white KWA trades from the standard LM4 or LM4C.

Also, I realized that I didn't really want any of the furniture and there's no point in buying it to replace it.  Since Allen said it's Milspec, a real brand new MIAD kit is like forty bucks.  And if you know where to look you can scoop up a real CTR stock (instead of MOE) and handguard for RS that have been used with not much wear for really cheap if you know where to look, or even brand new ones.  And all in the color of your choosing.

That's my two cents.

Edited by Jatodude, 14 April 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#24 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Jatodude, I'm doing practically the same thing you are doing. I've bought some magpul stuff instead of buying the actual magpul version because I'm not going to like to use an all black gun. I bought parts in FDE so I can outfit it with whatever I want. Even though the magpul lower receiver is kool, its not worth waiting the extra few months for... (my two cents)

#25 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 14 April 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Jatodude, I'm doing practically the same thing you are doing. I've bought some magpul stuff instead of buying the actual magpul version because I'm not going to like to use an all black gun. I bought parts in FDE so I can outfit it with whatever I want. Even though the magpul lower receiver is kool, its not worth waiting the extra few months for... (my two cents)

Yeah, I don't see how it's possible to wait any longer for the LM4 lol.  The moment the LM4 shows up I'm pawning off my upgraded SR-12 for a few hundred and with that I should be able to get the LM4 the way I want it right off the start.  I'm going to seriously regret doing it, but realistically the SR-12 is going to collect dust, so why not? Lol.

Anyways, what I'm going to do is get the regular LM4, and try to get a used RS CTR (or maybe a UBR if Allen meant the threads were Milspec as well).  I'll get a RS grip, either a MIAD or Tango Down.  Last I'm planning on getting a replica URX rail to fit somehow, or a decent RS rail system.  I'm looking at this right now:

http://media.photobu...02/DSC_0175.jpg

or this

http://www.gunsameri.../xlg_AR1560.jpg

I do believe it would be a one of a kind airsoft rifle.  Lol.  So many more possibilities with RS.

Edited by Jatodude, 14 April 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#26 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Yeah I REALLY don't want to wait another month for the Magpul version, but what I fear is also in regards to the magazines. I wonder if the Pmags will be available for purchase when the standard models are released because I can't bring myself to purchase the standard magazines.

#27 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

I would think the Pmags would be there...
I hope its not more than a month, if its more than enough I might... have to buy the normal PTR version...

#28 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

View Postakiraspeedstar, on 14 April 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

Yeah I REALLY don't want to wait another month for the Magpul version, but what I fear is also in regards to the magazines. I wonder if the Pmags will be available for purchase when the standard models are released because I can't bring myself to purchase the standard magazines.

I foresee that will be the case.  Who knows, maybe we'll get a nice surprise.  I think it'd be a great marketing decision for them, but the P-Mags are probably going to be made at the same time as the batch of PTS Editions.  It really would be nice though.  Maybe KWA had to make a last minute alteration to the PTS Edition bodies and needed to hold them back?  Or didn't want to wait until they were both finished with production?  I would definitely go for P-Mags as long as they aren't unreasonably higher priced than the standard mags.

Anyways, after the excitement today with the Evike sneak peak, I think it'll be the calm before the storm.  A few more agonizing weeks of no LM4 news until they show up at dealers and then final stretch of those terrible and dreadful shipping days.  I can't believe it's been about two years exactly since that first Airsoftology video.  I've watched that thing countless times.

#29 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostJatodude, on 14 April 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

I can't believe it's been about two years exactly since that first Airsoftology video.  I've watched that thing countless times.
Same...
The reason why I would take the normal mags over pmags is because of their magazine capacity... sure it's only a two round difference but it may be those two rounds that save your life in a vital situation.

#30 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

View Postaaps59, on 13 April 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

New video from evike featuring the new LM4 GBBR series ready for import!

Some things to note:
This is the production model, ready to be brought into the US
Furniture will be mil spec, stock etc.
Similar hop up to HK45

I hope those that watch this get as pumped as I am right now!

Sorry Cam!
(For those of you that don't understand, Chaotic cam is usually the guy that posts new videos)
You, you, you, you stole my job! Bastard! :P jk I love you, Aaron, in the totally non-homo way.  :drooling:

#31 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Surprise gluck hug time... :hug:

#32 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 15 April 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Surprise gluck hug time... :hug:
-_-

#33 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

View Postjakattack1987, on 13 April 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

what do they mean the hop up is like the hk 45. whats special about the hk 45 i wasnt aware of any special hop up didnt read anything about it. this gun is so close i can taste it.

Jonathan from Airsoftology says the noticeable difference he sees with the new hop up, just to stir you up a bit more. :P

View PostJatodude, on 14 April 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

I was going to get the Magpul version until I found that it says "made in Taiwan by KWA" on the Magpul lower just below the dust cover in white lettering.  On the Asia version that is, maybe it will be different in America? I doubt that...  The engraved trades on the Magpul Edition kind of ruin it for me.  If you guys don't like the KWA trades you could probably get some new ones laser engraved to your liking after removing the white KWA trades from the standard LM4 or LM4C.

Also, I realized that I didn't really want any of the furniture and there's no point in buying it to replace it.  Since Allen said it's Milspec, a real brand new MIAD kit is like forty bucks.  And if you know where to look you can scoop up a real CTR stock (instead of MOE) and handguard for RS that have been used with not much wear for really cheap if you know where to look, or even brand new ones.  And all in the color of your choosing.

That's my two cents.

"Made In..." is required by US Customs to be made permanent on the gun itself. KWA has chosen to laser engrave it, which is supposedly removable with Aluminum Black Liquid, though I believe it requires more work than simply applying it over the trades.

There were quite a few non-KWA airsoft guns that were seized a while back by US customs for not following with the ever-so changing US custom requirements. That is why you no longer see the "Made in ..." stickers anymore.

#34 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

Hmm... That's interesting. I was wondering what happened to the stickers. Regardless, why in white? It seems strange.
With the LM4 I'm thinking of refinishing the trades and duracoating it in tan or something and  getting it custom engraved.

#35 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostJatodude, on 16 April 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

Hmm... That's interesting. I was wondering what happened to the stickers. Regardless, why in white? It seems strange.
With the LM4 I'm thinking of refinishing the trades and duracoating it in tan or something and  getting it custom engraved.
That sounds like a good idea
I wish I knew someone that did custom trades

#36 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostJatodude, on 16 April 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

I'm not saying I'm the end-all expert in duracoating, (but I know enough to be dangerous!) but I would advise holding off in getting an airsoft replica duracoated... The parts aren't as strong as real steel: you're dealing with metal hitting and rubbing with plastic... not all metal hitting metal... and although it looks kool, it just doesn't seem that practical to get a "bb gun" duracoated. LOL

But don't listen to me. Your gun is your gun. If you duracoat it, please: I am a big fan of duracoating/cerakoting weapons... if you do it, PLEASE SHARE SOME PICS!! :thumbsup:

#37 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 16 April 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

I'm not saying I'm the end-all expert in duracoating, (but I know enough to be dangerous!) but I would advise holding off in getting an airsoft replica duracoated... The parts aren't as strong as real steel: you're dealing with metal hitting and rubbing with plastic... not all metal hitting metal... and although it looks kool, it just doesn't seem that practical to get a "bb gun" duracoated. LOL

But don't listen to me. Your gun is your gun. If you duracoat it, please: I am a big fan of duracoating/cerakoting weapons... if you do it, PLEASE SHARE SOME PICS!! :thumbsup:

I don't really understand what you mean, especially about metal rubbing with plastic...  If I did decide to refinish it I would only do the the body when it's disassembled completely so I don't get anything else or change any of the tolerances.

I want to put something better than Krylon on that would chip off.  I don't want it to look like it was painted, but rather from the factory that way.
Like this: http://media.photobu...ilverSR15E3.jpg
I'd probably do it like the OD version, but probably in tan.

View Postaaps59, on 16 April 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

That sounds like a good idea
I wish I knew someone that did custom trades

There are some small companies out there that will laser engrave your gun for not too much.

Edited by Jatodude, 16 April 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#38 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Duracoating is definitely a great idea if you are going to paint or refinish your gun.  Make sure you tape up the gun real good so you don't spray the internals.  Overspray can cause problems if you are not careful.

#39 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 16 April 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Duracoating is definitely a great idea if you are going to paint or refinish your gun.  Make sure you tape up the gun real good so you don't spray the internals.  Overspray can cause problems if you are not careful.

I would never, ever paint a gun that is assembled lol.  I would disassemble until the receiver is all that's left and tape of any areas that could cause tolerance problems.  I detest the look of guns that are painted when put together, or are simply one solid block of color (anything but black).  I'd only do the receiver, and at most the rails to match.

#40 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostJatodude, on 16 April 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

I would never, ever paint a gun that is assembled lol.  I would disassemble until the receiver is all that's left and tape of any areas that could cause tolerance problems.  I detest the look of guns that are painted when put together, or are simply one solid block of color (anything but black).  I'd only do the receiver, and at most the rails to match.
And that is the way you do it.  You seem to know what you are doing so I will leave you to it.  Make sure you post pics when you are done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users