Anyone Have Success Using A Mock Suppressor?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

I have the KWA USP (.45) and I was contemplating getting this: http://www.wgcshop.c...From=searchItem

I was looking to get that so  I could attach a mock suppressor, but I was first curious whether even a light suppressor would cause too much downward pressure on the barrel for the gun to cycle properly? Has anyone tried this with their USP?

Thanks.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

doug.nash, on 18 May 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

I have the KWA USP (.45) and I was contemplating getting this: http://www.wgcshop.c...From=searchItem

I was looking to get that so  I could attach a mock suppressor, but I was first curious whether even a light suppressor would cause too much downward pressure on the barrel for the gun to cycle properly? Has anyone tried this with their USP?

Thanks.
Just guessing but I would say that's not an issue since the USP Tactical has a threaded barrel and it is essentially a USP with some add-ons.

#3 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Well, the threaded barrel which comes on the stock Tactical model is plastic, and the threads are for looks.
What I'm trying to ascertain, is whether anyone has had success using one of the metal threaded after-market barrels, along with a mock [barrel extension]. I'm wonder whether that additional weight (from even a light suppressor) causes the gun not to cycle properly?

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

If you notice the cuts on the bottom of the barrel, they are at an angle because the barrel needs to angle to load in another round. I'm not sure if someone can answer this with certainly unless they have tried the steel barrel himself. If you want to give it a shot, you need to make sure your barrel extension/can is very light...

#5 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

greatwatermelon, on 22 May 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

If you notice the cuts on the bottom of the barrel, they are at an angle because the barrel needs to angle to load in another round. I'm not sure if someone can answer this with certainly unless they have tried the steel barrel himself. If you want to give it a shot, you need to make sure your barrel extension/can is very light...

Thanks, and that is what I was hoping to fish out of someone. I was hoping that some member had tried a 3rd party metal outer barrel with a can. I'd rather not buy those things from an wait for the shipping from Asia or the UK, just to find out the thing won't function at all.
Although, I suppose the solution would be to use a higher-flow air valve for the mags. Do those exist for the USP mags?

#6 apsantos

apsantos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

I, too, am contemplating ordering a metal outer barrel.  I have just ordered a carbon fiber mock suppressor from Lees Engineering in the UK (supposedly extremely light weight) but I would like a metal barrel to fit it to.  I am afraid the plastic threads will eventually strip.

#7 WCSE Camp

WCSE Camp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

ik this is a old forum section thing, but any luck? I got a USP tac two months ago for training and sim, and we have a SWAT event soon, anyone find a suppressor that works, and doesn't break the barrel, preferably a shorter one, between 3-5 in long.

#8 Seon

Seon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I got the shooters design slide for my Match and it came with an aluminum threaded barrel that had 16mm threads so just keep that in mind, with that said most suppressors have 14mm threads so just check what size threads the outer barrel comes with. I also found an adapter on ebay that allows you to have 16mm threads attach to 14mm threads just google it if you cant find it.The aluminum outer barrel fits well with the SD slide because they were machined to fit with each other i cant speak for the other after market outer barrels.But i stick with the original plastic outer barrel because its longer than the one that comes with the SD slide I also prefer the black outer barrel color scheme. I also could not find a 16mm threaded suppressor and i have the Match weight so i dont really need a suppressor unless i just want to have more options for looks.

Edited by Seon, 31 December 2012 - 08:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users