10 replies to this topic

#1 Grady the Scot

Grady the Scot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

Hello All,
I'm really excited about ordering the ATP in a few days.  I can't wait to get my hands on that great looking pistol!  I was looking at upgrades and such for it and I ran across the "Guarder Enhanced Recoil Spring Guide Set for Marui M17"  on evike.  I'm a big fan of guarder and the performance I've gotten from their parts in my other pistols.  This recoil guide spring was in the KWA/KSC parts section of evike

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=27211

But it says in the description it is for TM glocks.  Is this compatible with the ATP?  And if not is there any other recoil guide rods/springs that you could suggest?

Thanks for the time
Grady

#2 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

Most of those "upgrade" parts are for when you change out the TM plastic slide to an aftermarket metal slide. TM parts aren't compatible with KWA, and you honestly won't need a different recoil spring than what comes with the gun.

#3 Grady the Scot

Grady the Scot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

Thanks, I'm not so much concerned with durability (as I know KWA guns just don't break that often) but with smooth consistent operation.  Just upgrading the recoil system in my TM Five seveN gave me a great boost in accuracy and consistency and I was hoping to do the same with the ATP.  One of the selling points of the ATP for me was the somewhat legendary accuracy of its father the M series pistol.  I would like to squeeze as much accuracy out of it that I can.  

Thanks for the info.  Not compatible.

#4 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

The G&P 140% recoil spring and guide set should work. At only $8, its worth a try. I loved what it did to my M18 when I had it.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

View PostGrady the Scot, on 09 September 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

Thanks, I'm not so much concerned with durability (as I know KWA guns just don't break that often) but with smooth consistent operation.  Just upgrading the recoil system in my TM Five seveN gave me a great boost in accuracy and consistency and I was hoping to do the same with the ATP.  One of the selling points of the ATP for me was the somewhat legendary accuracy of its father the M series pistol.  I would like to squeeze as much accuracy out of it that I can.  

Thanks for the info.  Not compatible.
Just give the stock setup a chance before running off to buy aftermarket parts.  It may surprise you how smooth it is.  I can't wait to try mine out when it gets here.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

I would wait too.  Let us give you all some feedback.  :gun:

#7 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

Let's also not forget about warranties... :whistle:

#8 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

I say it all the time and I'll say it again.

"Do not upgrade for the sake of upgrading..."  you may actually decrease performance and efficiency.  A good shooter can use any weapon and still operate effective with or without upgrade.

The gun just release so I'll strongly recommend you use it "As is" until you feel there is a really a need to change anything.  Many times KWA stock performance may surprise you.

#9 Grady the Scot

Grady the Scot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

Sounds good guys.  Some of my funnest airsoft experiences have been had on stock guns.  I just get anxious sometimes and need to take a chill pill when it comes to upgrades. KWA's AEG's stock performance surprised me very much and I hope the ATP does as well.  Thanks

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

So here is the deal....I had literally just enough gas to fire maybe 7-8 rounds in my new ATP....The recoil is crisp and far better then the stock M Series which I have.  I would play with the gun before considering any recoil spring changes.

FYI, more to come when I get some GREEN GAS!!!!!!

#11 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

I have to get some green gas too.
Just cleaned and relubed everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users