• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 muddymess

muddymess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Bought a used KMP9 (ASG rebrand version) that didn't fire. Turns out the disconnector (part #153) was broken clean off.

Are there any retailers in EU that stock replacement parts? I don't want to spend a fortune on shipping.

#2 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, guns

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

i actually had mine brake off i just took a little screw and pushed it forward and put the screw in. works fine

#3 muddymess

muddymess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

View Posto6inferno, on 04 November 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

i actually had mine brake off i just took a little screw and pushed it forward and put the screw in. works fine

You mean it works without the disconnector, or did you substitute it with the screw? The trigger mechanism worked fine when I manually pushed the disconnecter forward, but I haven't tested with it completely disengaged. Wouldn't this cause problems with the bolt lock and auto fire?

EDIT: Well it seems to be working after I disconnected the disconnector spring. Trigger mechanic seems to be working as it should. Can't try using a mag; it's 2:20 in the morning and don't think my neighbors or flatmates would appreciate it.

EDIT2: Tested and seems to be working flawlessly. What's the point of even having it? Since the trigger mechanism also locks the hammer back, the bolt disconnector seems superfluous.

Edited by muddymess, 05 November 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#4 fightin-irish2-2

fightin-irish2-2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

View Posto6inferno, on 04 November 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

same with mine my dad jerry rigged it and it works just fine however mine fires every other shot on semi but works on full auto i think its the mag mis feeding

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

fightin-irish2-2: I've seen you post 3 replies to similar issues.  If you would post the broken part # and perhaps show a picture of what is broken along with a detailed description of the issue, I'm sure we can help.  I highly suggest you post a new thread though.  What appears to be similar firing malfunctions can be caused by different issues.

#6 Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

I've just been through a second disconnector on my MP9. I've gone through both a KWA original and the Action replacement. I'm going to see about getting a custom one made of steel because having a disconnector only last one game is just stupid.

KWA, please sort your crap out on this. Disconnectors aren't availible in the UK so I have to order from the US making a cheap part stupidly expensive for what it is.

#7 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

I would see if there is something else going on in your gun that is causing the disconnector to break. This is not a widespread common issue on the gun, so I would say that something else is causing the part to break...instead of the part being an issue. Just replacing a broken part is often not the answer. You need to look at the parts together to figure out why one part may be breaking.

#8 Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

It seems to be a fairly common issue from what I've seen. I've checked everything in the gun and there's nothing that would cause the disconnector to just snap like it has been doing. The only thing that interacts with the disconnector is the bolt, there's no problems with the bolt and everything cycles fine.

#9 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

You believe it to be a common issue because you've seen a few people talk about it in forums. Remember that thousands of these have been sold, and you've maybe seen a dozen people, at the most, post something about it.
Not saying that the part might not have been the issue, but we do often find that it's something else when the same part continually breaks on a gun.

#10 Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Good point, I'm just frustrated is all! :P

I'll take another look at it and see what else could be causing the issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users