• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Army Trainer

Army Trainer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Brand new. Just fired it tonight. I was taking it to the unit tomorrow to show the Commander as we want to start using these for training. I loaded the mag, pulled the slide back and when I went to decock the pistol shot. This was repeatable every time I used the decock while I had a mag in. Any ideas???

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hey Army Trainer, welcome to the forums... brand new? I'd recommend filling out an RMA form and shipping it to KWA for fixing (I'm assuming you're under warranty correct?)

While you still have it, can you tell me the condition of these parts?:
- Part 46

These parts have to do with activating the trigger transfer bar, and moving it in a certain way that decocks the gun safely. If there seems to be some problem (specifically if part 47 is missing from the gun) the safety when decocking will push the trigger transfer bar perhaps forwards towards the barrel, and pull the trigger...

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

This is not normal behavior.  I've used my M9-PTP as a trainer for close to a year without a malfunction like this.  Under warranty it's best to ship the gun to KWA for warranty repair.  I don't recall any posted issues like this with the pistol either.

-- Chuck

#4 Army Trainer

Army Trainer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

I did some more testing and found that if you decock the pistol at a slow normal pace it will fire, however if you quickly flick the decock lever down it does not happen. You will hear a slight little puff of air but the pistol does fire. Decocking the pistol at such a fast rate is not a normal cadence but it will work. I will check on the condition of the parts early next week and report back. Hopefully this condition will clear up after the parts wear a bit.
I am new to the forum. My Battalion Commander has challenged me to find an alternative to paintball for small arms training. Sure would be nice if KWA would offer some sort of Armorers course. In fact that is the one thing I see lacking in Airsoft. Google, YouTube and forums are full of great information but I am baffled that no one is offering any form of formal training. I have to go to the field for the next 4 days and when I get back I will dive back into this problem. Thanks.

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

I decocked mine as slowly as I could and it just decocks so assuming mine is as designed yours is defective.

Recommend you contact KWA regarding gettig this fixed under warranty.

See my PM.

-- Chuck

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostArmy Trainer, on 14 July 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

I did some more testing and found that if you decock the pistol at a slow normal pace it will fire, however if you quickly flick the decock lever down it does not happen. You will hear a slight little puff of air but the pistol does fire. Decocking the pistol at such a fast rate is not a normal cadence but it will work. I will check on the condition of the parts early next week and report back. Hopefully this condition will clear up after the parts wear a bit.
I am new to the forum. My Battalion Commander has challenged me to find an alternative to paintball for small arms training. Sure would be nice if KWA would offer some sort of Armorers course. In fact that is the one thing I see lacking in Airsoft. Google, YouTube and forums are full of great information but I am baffled that no one is offering any form of formal training. I have to go to the field for the next 4 days and when I get back I will dive back into this problem. Thanks.
I agree with Chuck.  This piece should be sent in for repair.  I would contact the Help Desk and set up and RMA for return.  If you have questions, reach out to KWA at:

For Questions, Warranty Service, RMA, and ProShop:
http://www.kwausa.com/support
E-mail Address:
sales@kwausa.com (Wholesale / New Dealer Account)
marketing@kwausa.com (Press / Advertisements / Events)
webmaster@kwausa.com (Webmaster - Website Technical Issues)
Telephone Numbers
1.626.581.1777 (Voice)
1.626.581.0777 (Fax)
Address
KWA PERFORMANCE INDUSTRIES, INC.
18571 E. Gale Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91748-1339
USA
Operating Hours
Monday to Friday
8:30AM-5:30PM PST

#7 Army Trainer

Army Trainer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Contacted KWA today. Spoke with Eddie who was awesome to deal with. I have to get an RMA after I post this and send it to his attention. I just ran 3 magazines through it to make sure I am not going crazy and it worked normally until the middle of the second mag and there is no pattern. it randomly happens. When it does work it is an excellent trainer. I just cant have these kind of misfires. I have no doubt they will handle it.

#8 Army Trainer

Army Trainer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

Eddie and the crew at KWA really provided awesome customer service. He found that there was a spring causing the problem. He did not give me the part number. He only said it was a spring that they have never had to replace and they did not have any in stock. Eddie sent me a brand new pistol after he ran 12 mags through it to verify that jrhe pistol operated as it should. The RMA process was straight forward and KWA kept me informed every step of the way. I am very happy with my selection of KWA as the sole source for airsoft rifles and pistols to train my soldiers. They had my 6.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostArmy Trainer, on 05 August 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

Eddie and the crew at KWA really provided awesome customer service. He found that there was a spring causing the problem. He did not give me the part number. He only said it was a spring that they have never had to replace and they did not have any in stock. Eddie sent me a brand new pistol after he ran 12 mags through it to verify that jrhe pistol operated as it should. The RMA process was straight forward and KWA kept me informed every step of the way. I am very happy with my selection of KWA as the sole source for airsoft rifles and pistols to train my soldiers. They had my 6.
Now that's a positive outcome!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users