11 replies to this topic

#1 Oshiha

Oshiha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hey guys,
I recently acquired a KWA 1911 MK II PTP and I wasn't careful enough that I dry fried the mag without a magazine in it (was fondling the gun). Luckily, I was able to catch a pin, which I later learned to be the firing pin. With a small set of tweezers, I inserted it back into the hole with the hammer cocked back, and the slide in normal resting position. I then pressed the trigger so that the hammer would hit it into place (thought it was a good idea at the time). Now when I pull the slide back, the firing pin comes out.
Has this occured to anyone? Any solutions? I can't send this back to KWA because 1. I'm in Canada and they don't cover Canada, 2. I took off the orange tip so I'm sure they won't cover it at all.

Edited by Oshiha, 08 November 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Looks like you have to take the breech block out before you can examine more closely.  If I am not mistaken you have to take the screw out from the bottom of the slide located towards the back.  Then take a thin flat head and insert on right (looking down) inside the slide between the breech block arm and slide. Then you have to wedge the block free.  Be careful not to use too much force because you can break it if not careful.

#3 Oshiha

Oshiha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 08 November 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Looks like you have to take the breech block out before you can examine more closely.  If I am not mistaken you have to take the screw out from the bottom of the slide located towards the back.  Then take a thin flat head and insert on right (looking down) inside the slide between the breech block arm and slide. Then you have to wedge the block free.  Be careful not to use too much force because you can break it if not careful.
I think I may have mis-named a pin. This is the pin I'm talking about.

Posted Image

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Oh, the impact pin. Part #60............
I'm not sure if you have to take the inner frame out or not. I'll have to think about that one.

#5 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

http://kwausa.com/fo...topic=9829&st=0

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

I would purchase a new #60 and then do the repair.  I am concerned that it is damaged and may not stay in place.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

View Postgcw360, on 08 November 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

I would purchase a new #60 and then do the repair.  I am concerned that it is damaged and may not stay in place.

You are probably right.  I have seen that pin fall inside from dry firing without the mag but I have to admit that I don't see it fall out often.  So one end of that pin may be damaged and needs replacing.

#8 GabezR

GabezR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Okay I had this problem ;)
I was just stupid and put the pin in the wrong way, which to me sounds like exactly what you did.
So dissasemble down to the action and then re-insert the pine the opposite way (ie: bigger part (or flat head of the pin) going TOWARDS the magazine not towards the shooter.)

Also: search ;)

#9 Oshiha

Oshiha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostDesert Punk, on 08 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Got it because of this, thanks!

View Postgcw360, on 08 November 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

I reinstalled the pin from the video above and it seems to function good now! It stays in place, and the gun fires cleanly.

View PostGabezR, on 09 November 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Okay I had this problem ;)
I was just stupid and put the pin in the wrong way, which to me sounds like exactly what you did.
So dissasemble down to the action and then re-insert the pine the opposite way (ie: bigger part (or flat head of the pin) going TOWARDS the magazine not towards the shooter.)

Also: search ;)
Yeah I got it! Thank you! I saw your thread before and I thought it was about another issue. I didn't go to the second page of the thread to see that you had the same problem too :).

#10 GabezR

GabezR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Lol sorry buddy :P Glad you found your solution though :) I always thought it went in flat side towards the shooter, just made sense.
Glad you cam right :)

#11 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

That's good to hear you got it working again.

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Nice thread! Thanks for the solution GabezR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users