• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 leks1075

leks1075

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I have a newer generation m226 w/ the subdued markings and I am running into the same thing that alot of people have reported. After the first shot, all I get is "puffing" and it won't blowback to cycle. My question is, can I put a Matrix 150% recoil/hammer spring set in to fix this? If so, would the one for the TM P226 be ok or would the TM MEU .45 work better?

I don't mind if the bolt catch doesn't work after the last bb (I can live with that).

Any info would be apprecuated.

#2 reezo

reezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

As far as I've seen the mods have linked to the topic with the solution you mention (the 150% springs for the TM MEU .45) but they just linked to it..and nothing has been officially stated about it. I am very curious about it, 10-15 bucks for the springs is not a problem, but I hope I don't go ahead ruining the P226 .. causing more problems instead of solving them..

#3 leks1075

leks1075

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the reply. I guess no one has any experience w/ this fix?

How about this? Does anyone know if I put a 150% recoil spring in a KWA pistol would that damage any parts in the long run?

Just trying to learn more...

#4 reezo

reezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:35 AM

I am about to post a video tutorial soon..just needs some encoding and it is ready to go. Thanks for your patience ;)

#5 leks1075

leks1075

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

I put a 150% recoil spring made for the TM 226 and it's working ...........for now. I only had time this morning to let off two mags, but it worked fine. The catch also worked after the last bb.

#6 reezo

reezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

Good to know! I must say once filled correctly, the pistol performed flawlessly anyway.
I got the springs for $10 and I thought I would get them anyway.. how about the felt recoil and action? How does it feel in comparison?
Thanks,Update: upgrade done. Here is the video guide, as promised:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-V1DpLw-2w

Edited by reezo, 08 June 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#7 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hey guys I am having a similar problem and didn't want to open a new thread. I ordered 150% springs and when I went to install them the piece that the hammer spring slides over fell out. Does anyone know how to reinstall this piece properly? It's giving me fits and I don't want to screw anything up.  

Thanks

#8 -farmBOY-

-farmBOY-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

I have read really good things about this pistol as well as not so good things like the so called "puffing problems". But I am really fond of the P226 and am just wondering if you guys still believe it is a good investment.

-Thanks

#9 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Ehhh. Its an extremely nice gun when it is working. It feels great, shoots great and looks great. But it seems to be Hit or miss when it comes to durability and quality. I only use KWA gbb guns and this is the only one that has given me problems. I have fixed the problem but at the same time it's hard to take it out on the field when you aren't 100% certain it will perform.

#10 shogun

shogun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Milsim, Guns, Craft brewed beer, and things.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

the issue is indeed caused by a weak hammer spring(most of the time anyways) i installed a guarder 150% hammer spring(5.1 hi-cappa) into a KWA m226 that was having the "puffing" issue, and it works liek a champ now, even jumped from 330 to 349 fps

Edited by shogun, 21 August 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#11 Switch556

Switch556

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I just ordered an M226 and heard the "puffing" issue was only an issue with the older models, with white KWA trademarks, etc. I've read the issue should be taken care of with the most recent 226 release from KWA, the version with the blacked out markings, is this not true?

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostSwitch556, on 30 December 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

I just ordered an M226 and heard the "puffing" issue was only an issue with the older models, with white KWA trademarks, etc. I've read the issue should be taken care of with the most recent 226 release from KWA, the version with the blacked out markings, is this not true?
The issue is fixed.  The newly upgraded 226 is a rock star...And will be the next pistol I add to my collection.  Get it and enjoy!

#13 Switch556

Switch556

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

View Postgcw360, on 30 December 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

The issue is fixed.  The newly upgraded 226 is a rock star...And will be the next pistol I add to my collection.  Get it and enjoy!

Awesome, glad to know I don't have to spend another $20 on recoil/hammer springs. Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users