• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Neat Monster

Neat Monster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

After experiencing many of the feed problems other members had with their G36C and an 11.1v Lipo I decided to take the common advice given and upgrade to an M130 spring. That was an adventure in itself, after getting it all back together it fires great and consistently. However, my motor now seems to emit a slight smell when firing especially on full auto. My gun is still fairly new and I am wondering if the smell could be the motor still breaking in the internal bushings, in which case the smell might eventually stop occurring.
  On a full charge the Bol Lipo in the gun actually runs at around 12+ volts, with a brand new 130 spring this may place additional strain on the motor I'm guessing. All other components in the G36C are stock other than the upgraded spring. In short I am wondering if anyone has run into this same issue and if so what can be done, thanks.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

The smell is normal.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

View Postgcw360, on 04 March 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

The smell is normal.
Agreed.
The smell was probably always there and you just didn't notice it until now.  And an M130 spring will cause your motor to work a little harder so the smell maybe just a tad more noticeable.  Not to worry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Motor, smell, spring upgrade g36

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users