• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 icemanmayor

icemanmayor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

I Have a KWA KM4 and I am going to put a 11.1v lipo battery in it. IMPORTANT - I need a small one that can fit in the buffer tube. I am using a MOSFET and I was wondering if it will hurt the gun to use a battery with over 1600 mAh.

#2 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but mAh stands for milliamps per hour. It's pretty much how much of a charge a battery can hold. It has no effect on how much voltage the battery is putting out.

#3 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostPyro_Buster, on 29 June 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but mAh stands for milliamps per hour. It's pretty much how much of a charge a battery can hold. It has no effect on how much voltage the battery is putting out.

I've also heard milliamper hours :innocent:  but that works too. But what would hurt the gun is the dump rate from the battery. I think the 11.1 Lipos have like a 20C dump rate? And a 9.6 Nicad or Nimh has a 10C dump rate I believe. But with a mosfet you should be fine. :thumbsup:

I also just read in your other post that you wanted to put a Magpul stock on. In that case, what you should do is find a battery that works, and buy a second. That way if the first dies you have a back up. I can't remember who I stole that from.. One of the techs on here recommend that. GCW? I don't remember lol point is, get two of the same battery that you like that work well. A place I've heard works well is hobbyking.com They sell cheap batteries that work well.

Edited by StealthTaskForce, 30 June 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#4 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

The only issue I have with the lipo batteries that fit into the buffer tube, is that with a retractable stock, sometimes because of the length of the battery, plug & wires, you won't be able to fully retract your stock.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa, km4, buffer, lipo, 11.1v, 11.1, MOSFET

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users