5 replies to this topic

#1 heckler416

heckler416

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Dirtbikes, computers, anything with a motor

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

So I have a question, during the "break in period" is it normal for the gun to misfeed sometimes? Also, the gun sometimes, when firing in semi auto,the gun will cut off and won't fire until I put in in full auto, fire. Then it will fire again. Is this normal?

#2 Animalmother

Animalmother

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hey there,
I use a 7.4V lipo and sometimes with happens. In fact, it's happens with many of the guns I owned in the past and I still happens sometimes on my KWA G36C. What battery are you using? Locking up happens when I don't push the trigger all the way, or faster then normal. At least that's what it feels like. Same thing as you, put it on full auto and it fire right back up.

Not sure about the misfeed part. I never had a misfeed with my gun. However, I took out the barrel and hopup assembly from the gun and cleaned it seperately. The gun fired much straigter and smoother. I also use high quality BBs such as TSD, KWA.

You have to clean the gun after I would say a few mags gone through it whenn it's brand new out of the box. The excess factory grease can come out and dirty the barrel when it's new. So go plinknig in the yard and fire a few mags through it. The clean the barrel. I acutally think I read that somewhere too.

#3 heckler416

heckler416

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Dirtbikes, computers, anything with a motor

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostAnimalmother, on 27 May 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hey there,
I use a 7.4V lipo and sometimes with happens. In fact, it's happens with many of the guns I owned in the past and I still happens sometimes on my KWA G36C. What battery are you using? Locking up happens when I don't push the trigger all the way, or faster then normal. At least that's what it feels like. Same thing as you, put it on full auto and it fire right back up.

Not sure about the misfeed part. I never had a misfeed with my gun. However, I took out the barrel and hopup assembly from the gun and cleaned it seperately. The gun fired much straigter and smoother. I also use high quality BBs such as TSD, KWA.

You have to clean the gun after I would say a few mags gone through it whenn it's brand new out of the box. The excess factory grease can come out and dirty the barrel when it's new. So go plinknig in the yard and fire a few mags through it. The clean the barrel. I acutally think I read that somewhere too.
I'm using a 11.1 1400 mah 3 cell lipo. Could that have something to do with it? Also I have almost no experience with internal parts. So do i have to clean the barrel and hop up assembly seperately? Is it difficult?

#4 Animalmother

Animalmother

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostR_King91303, on 26 May 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Off hand, some made after 2010 might be shimmed. Additionally, some are hit or miss with over-cycling when running a 11.1 lipo. For the ones that over-cycle you can: A) Run a lower voltage battery, B) use a stiffer spring, or C) remove the sector clip.

As far as I am aware, there has been no official explanation as to why the G36's over-cycle on 11.1's but I suspect could be because of more efficient / upgraded KWA motors?

Posted from my iPhone
That's a quote from my G36C thread. I don't know if it has anything to do with the misfeeding/gearbox lockup but he posted that and it came to mind. I can't imagine it locking up with a 3S. I am not sure of your lipo knowledge but you know proper lipo care correct/ is it charged? The ROF should be high with that.

Cleaning hopup is easy. You don't have to take apart the the gun actually(I do though) it's in the manual, youtube, forums. Just type it up.

I used a 3S lipo for about 3 mags when my gun was new. Never had misfeeds/gearbox lockup. I now use a 7.4V and occasionally I get it locked up when I do a fast light trigger pull. Just clean your barrel/hopup(make sure the hopup dial is turned OFF)

#5 KWChris

KWChris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Mountain Biking, Pistol

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

I've had my G36C since mid-late February of this year and I can certainly say Yes, it does suffer from the semi-automatic firing cutting out like you describe. I at first was worried as well until further reading led me to find out that for some reason or another that seems to be unknown, the G36 does have this problem; and it will require you to flip into full-auto selection, fire, and switch back before being able to operate normally on semi setting. I will say that after installing a mosfet in my G36 the trigger pulls are much more crisp and easier to control; I've noticed I can play "on semi" with the gun actually set on full-auto and never run into the problem of the semi locking up on me.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:19 AM

I believe trigger lock occurs from half trigger pulls which engages the cutoff.  Just remember that you have to pull the trigger completely even if the gun fires at half pull.  Most people stop pulling the trigger at this point and this can cause this annoyance.  Installing a mosfet can resolve this issue but not always.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users