8 replies to this topic

#1 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:04 AM

I was wondering if the RA-TECH hardkick valve will increase the recoil on the current KWA Umarex mp7 or is it just a way for the "original" KSC mp7 to get up to par with the KWA Umarex version?
I'm referencing this YouTube video.

#2 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

The RA Tech was specifically made for the "taiwan version" that can also be retrofitted with all MP7 with the same design. The "taiwan version" in it's stock cofiguration kicks up a bit more than the KWA. So installing it in the KWA will surely increase the "kick", question is will it also invalidate the warranty?

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

You are adding weights on the bolt carrier so yes it will increase recoil.  However, changing out part inside the gun will change the over-all dynamic of the gas system.  Increase recoil will come as cost to other performance specs like decrease gas efficiency and lower ROF. The worst will crack the cylinder because the weights add delay of the blow back thus increasing the pressure of the cylinder.  

Another important thing of the bolt carrier assembly is secure by four temper proof screws. Disassemble the bolt carrier will probably strip or destroy the screws plus the retainer in the front will also need to be replace as well.

It's not a job for amateur.

#4 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

Its ironic that one would want to increase the recoil on the mp7 as one of the hallmarks of the real steel is its LOW recoil. Such is airsoft!! :rolleyes:

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:41 PM

Beats me.    <_<

If one wants a SMG have more recoil, try KMP9.

#6 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:57 AM

View Postjotohomomoto, on 05 February 2010 - 07:01 PM, said:

Its ironic that one would want to increase the recoil on the mp7 as one of the hallmarks of the real steel is its LOW recoil. Such is airsoft!! :rolleyes:

I totally agree!!! This is one upgrade i can do without.

#7 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

Increased WEIGHT is another spec that the airsoft community tends to value and real steel doesn't (for obvious reasons). Airsoft (certain aspects) is all about replication but are diametrically opposed to each other and I think its funny. :rolleyes2: Hey, I'm always looking to increase the recoil of my GBB's. The KWA mp7 though, seems to have struck a nice balance between realism and functionality. I'm looking forward to an OD KMP9 when it comes out!!! AND the LM4! :wave:

#8 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

View Postjotohomomoto, on 06 February 2010 - 07:47 AM, said:

Increased WEIGHT is another spec that the airsoft community tends to value and real steel doesn't (for obvious reasons). Airsoft (certain aspects) is all about replication but are diametrically opposed to each other and I think its funny. :rolleyes2: Hey, I'm always looking to increase the recoil of my GBB's. The KWA mp7 though, seems to have struck a nice balance between realism and functionality. I'm looking forward to an OD KMP9 when it comes out!!! AND the LM4! :wave:

I agree with tiger.

I am sending my KWA MP7 in to KWA to have fixed and I am going to just leave it stock.

KWA MP7 and KWA P226...I will just run around and ghost ppl when I play airsoft....LOL

#9 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

Hitman07 what happened? Why send it to KWA for repairs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users