• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cellistle

cellistle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hello, I went today to play airsoft. It was high 20s most of the day. A friend used my cqr mod 2 and there was severe range issues and almost no change with the hopup. What range should I be looking to have with the cqr mod 2 stock?
Thank you

#2 Jesse Hammil

Jesse Hammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

I dont think the 2gx bucking works all that great in really cold temps

Edited by Jesse Hammil, 08 March 2014 - 10:31 PM.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

What's a "severe range issue?"  If you don't tell us what it was shooting and what your expectations were we've no clue.

-- Chuck

#4 cellistle

cellistle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

I was expecting to shoot around 150ft with the accuracy to hit a 8" diameter circle. It was shooting 50-70 feet with no visible hop up effects. It acted as though there was no hop to it regardless of what it was dialed to. I was thinking similar to it performing badly because of the cold.

#5 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

Should do

View Postcellistle, on 09 March 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

I was expecting to shoot around 150ft with the accuracy to hit a 8" diameter circle. It was shooting 50-70 feet with no visible hop up effects. It acted as though there was no hop to it regardless of what it was dialed to. I was thinking similar to it performing badly because of the cold.
Should do 150ft, 8" circle?  Take battery out and look thru the barrel with light and see if you can see the bucking in the barrel. Adjust it up and down, is it moving. If it is you either broke something and your fps is gone (should go thru a lite beer can no problem), or bucking needs replacment and cleaning of barrel assy.

#6 cellistle

cellistle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

I chrono'd it yesterday at 297 fps with G&G .25s. I'll check the bucking when I get back. Cleaned it all out last night and it was shooting a lil better in my basement but my basement about the length of when they fell down, it appeared to be holding the shots better.

#7 iWar

iWar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Racing at the track, Music, Airsoft, playing sports, and anything that is fun...

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Sounds like you may have lost your hop up nub... Did you remove the barrel from the hop up when you cleaned it the night before???

#8 Jesse Hammil

Jesse Hammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

To expand on what larry said, remove the barrel and hop up unit like you are going to clean it. Leave the hopup attached to the barrel. look down the barrel and see if the fins are moving up and down in the barrel. If not, as others have stated, your nub is most likely missing.

#9 Rain Man

Rain Man

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously). Gaming. Baseball. Fantasy Football. Skiing

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

I agree with Jesse and Iwar. Make sure your hop up is functioning properly. It does sound like it could be a missing nub.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users