• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 waynelu11

waynelu11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

My ATP's orange tip fell off during normal use. No dropping, just normal shooting with green gas. Am I still covered under warranty? I also left my ATP primed and ready to fire for about 5 days. Will my hammer spring be OK?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Although leaving the hammer cocked for 5 days would not cause significant issues it is always a good practice to leave the gun decocked while in storage.  Your spring will last longer that way.
And I wouldn't think that orange tip falling off will void the warranty but hold on to it during your 45days warranty.  You can simply stick it back in place if you ever have to send the gun in. lol
But I am curious, when did you buy your ATP and what version is it?  Does it have a trigger safety with metal recoil spring guide rod?

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

You could probably include in the RMA if you need to create one within the warranty period, that the orange tip fell off, or you could just put it back on like Niko said. :P

#4 waynelu11

waynelu11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 12 April 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Although leaving the hammer cocked for 5 days would not cause significant issues it is always a good practice to leave the gun decocked while in storage.  Your spring will last longer that way.
And I wouldn't think that orange tip falling off will void the warranty but hold on to it during your 45days warranty.  You can simply stick it back in place if you ever have to send the gun in. lol
But I am curious, when did you buy your ATP and what version is it?  Does it have a trigger safety with metal recoil spring guide rod?
I bought My ATP March 17 at Airsoft Gi. It is the new version with the trigger safety and metal guide rod. When I was playing with the gun, i noticed the orange tip was not flush with the barrel. When I touched it, it just fell off. I looked at the metal barrel, and there is some residue of the orange tip. Looks like it cracked off. I also noticed that when I let my friend shoot the gun, sometimes the blowback did not work, and the hammer stayed on the valve, releasing gas out the barrel. It works perfectry now. Maybe the hammer spring was too strong?

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

View Postwaynelu11, on 12 April 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I bought My ATP March 17 at Airsoft Gi. It is the new version with the trigger safety and metal guide rod. When I was playing with the gun, i noticed the orange tip was not flush with the barrel. When I touched it, it just fell off. I looked at the metal barrel, and there is some residue of the orange tip. Looks like it cracked off. I also noticed that when I let my friend shoot the gun, sometimes the blowback did not work, and the hammer stayed on the valve, releasing gas out the barrel. It works perfectry now. Maybe the hammer spring was too strong?
The hammer assembly probably just needed to be worn in a bit.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

I've seen a few of the newer ATPs loose their orange tips through no fault of the owner.  It happens.

#7 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

Mine just fell off too. Saved me the trouble of taking it off.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

View Postphilsaudio, on 12 May 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

Mine just fell off too. Saved me the trouble of taking it off.
Save it in the event you need to mail the gun in for a repair.

#9 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

The discussion and explanation of removing the orange flashhider is not allowed on this forum.

Thread locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users