13 replies to this topic

#1 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

Every time I gas up my magazine for about 15 to 20 seconds. the gas doesn't seem to last long and it would only shoot about 30 BB's out. how long do you have to gas up the magazine before using it? There's no leak on the gas release valve and fill valve, I've tighten the valve and I don't hear any hiss coming out. Is my magazine defective or is there something wrong with my gun? I chrono'd it with my xcortech and it still shoots 360 FPS for about ten shots. So I don't think there's no crack in the cylinder.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

do you have a picture of the magazine nozzle seal?

#3 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

the o-ring is still there... I basically have to gas up the mag for like 25 seconds or more sometimes. The instructions says, fill up the mag till the gas hisses out of the valve. But the O-ring really sucks for these things, sometimes when you over fill them the o-ring flies out.

#4 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

I wonder if I take out the release valve with a valve key and bathe them in silicone oil would work... Because I think filling up the mag for more than 20 seconds is ridiculous and the gas runs out fast. I mean its a brand new gun and mag. When I emptied the mag with no gas, I noticed when I press the release valve its usually slower to go back up, compare to my mp7.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

part #151 on the magazine diagram

Posted Image

#6 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 24 August 2010 - 02:37 PM, said:

part #151 on the magazine diagram

Posted Image

what about part# 151? thanks for the help by the way. I just took the valve out with my valve key and kinda soaked it in silicone oil. Whenever I press the release valve now with no gas in the mag, it seems to go back right away without slow delay. I didn't really check the part#151 your talking about. May I know why you mentioned it?

#7 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

There is a soft one (first release) and a harder one from when the cylinder was updated, the softer one doesn't work very well.

You should dry off your valve, too much oil will cause it to bloat and not function correctly.

#8 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 24 August 2010 - 02:59 PM, said:

There is a soft one (first release) and a harder one from when the cylinder was updated, the softer one doesn't work very well.

You should dry off your valve, too much oil will cause it to bloat and not function correctly.

It seems harder than the one in my mp7 mag... I tried taking it out from part# 134 and it was hard and it didn't come off easily. Do you think my part# 151 is hard one then? By the way, do you guys sell extra 0-rings for your magazines? I tried putting in a 14gauge rubber bands and it seems a bit bigger for the whole. But the 14gauge rubber bands work well with mp7 though. The new mag had a loose valve, so I tighten it and put some oil so the springs functions better in the valve.

#9 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

By the way, I'm using propane for my magazine. Do propane have low psi? or it doesn't matter?
I have a Kwa M11a1 Ns2 version and 2 magazines

I've read, on every review that this gun is supposed to get 2 1/2 magazines on 1 fill of gas, but I'm just barely getting 1 mag [45-51 shots usually] Does anyone know what could be causing this? I use camping stove propane [the little green ones] With a plastic adapter and I lube it on every fill.

Edited by cjboi, 25 August 2010 - 01:11 PM.

#10 zebrex

zebrex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

I have just replaced part 151 on mine and am having the same problem as the OP. I am having the problem using both green gas and propane. I am doing good to get 20 rounds out on full auto before I am out of gas.

#11 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

I changed my propane today and I got about 90 BB's out of one fill and that was 25 seconds count

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

View Postcjboi, on 25 August 2010 - 07:26 PM, said:

I changed my propane today and I got about 90 BB's out of one fill and that was 25 seconds count

I've heard this happen before with both green gas and propane.  More often propane though.  The tank is meant to empty though a regulated system of consistent pressure for a let's say a stove.  When you are filling a MAG you are forcing the gases into a confined space with a subsequent build up of pressure in the MAG.  Once you hit equilibrium, the point at which the pressure in the propane tank equals that of the MAG, no more gas will enter.  If the pressure in the tank is low enough, even though there is still gasses inside, the mag will no longer fill to capacity.   :gun:

#13 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

View Postgcw360, on 26 August 2010 - 06:29 PM, said:

I've heard this happen before with both green gas and propane.  More often propane though.  The tank is meant to empty though a regulated system of consistent pressure for a let's say a stove.  When you are filling a MAG you are forcing the gases into a confined space with a subsequent build up of pressure in the MAG.  Once you hit equilibrium, the point at which the pressure in the propane tank equals that of the MAG, no more gas will enter.  If the pressure in the tank is low enough, even though there is still gasses inside, the mag will no longer fill to capacity.   :gun:

ya agree, plus its different too where as. The propane need an external adapter where it can hold the pressure of the gas and where green gas is built in.

Edited by cjboi, 26 August 2010 - 07:01 PM.

#14 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

I actually fixed the problem without even noticing it till now. My madbull propane adapter ver. 2 was bent, so i straighten it up with some pliers and biola its fixed. I only counted 10 seconds and it fired all 49 BB's and there's still gas left. I must admit, Im very much satisfied now with all my KWA NS2 systems SMG's. I can't wait to buy the Kriss Vector and KWA GBB m4, because I know KWA always make good guns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users