• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 celbii

celbii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

Browsing threads around here, it seems to be a somewhat common problem.

Received my KWA M11A1 today from GI, filled mag up with green gas and gun would not fire at all. Notice gun is quite dry and I have read these need to be lubed alot, so lubed up everything with the provided silicone lube.

Seemed my problem was with the magazine, as it would appear that the release valve was not being "released" for lack of better terms. Read that they can be sticky, so lube the release valve up also with the silicone lube and work it in there. Fill mag back up.

Gun fires on semi, fires on full auto, both kind of random.. Relube the gun and mag. Fires whole mag on full auto. Yay.

Take out mag.

front Half of cylinder(#4) falls out mag well, cleanly broke in half where the metal rod goes through

How is KWA warranty? I am kind of angry gun would not fire out of the box, and magazine was messed up, even more angry after my darn cylinder broke in half once I finally got the gun to work. I don't want to send my whole gun back and wait possibly a month to get it fixed when I can just replace the cylinder myself, but at the sametime I have no will to pay for this part on my brand new gun that wasn't working in the first place. I will try to call in tomorrow and see if we can come to a resolution and possible causes of the cylinder to break. As far as I know everything was followed with the gun being lubed up well and bolt open before insert mag everytime. Lets cross our finger.

thanks,
celbii

Heh worst part of it, is it was my birthday on 18th so It was birthday present to me from my Fiance, kinda suck that I end up spending a hour or two trouble shoot it on my birthday, but that's my own fault :P

Edited by celbii, 18 August 2011 - 11:17 PM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

Get in contact with the help desk and they will take care of you.  I am surprised that something like that happened out of the box.
:iiam:
I own SMG's as well and never experienced a cylinder breaking like that.  But I guess weirder thing have happened.

#3 celbii

celbii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 19 August 2011 - 03:53 AM, said:

Get in contact with the help desk and they will take care of you.  I am surprised that something like that happened out of the box.
:iiam:
I own SMG's as well and never experienced a cylinder breaking like that.  But I guess weirder thing have happened.
Thank you.
I called and they told me to submit a helpdesk ticket so I did. Hopefully this can be resolved very quickly as I have an operation next week and would like to use it then :), I just ask them to see if they can send me the cylinder part so I can replace it and have the gun running again.

Celbii

EDIT: I have response now, I am told I must send it in, or otherwise buy the part. This is ridiculous to me somewhat, I have been long time customer to kwa since 2007, I just need this part so I can play next Saturday at our operation cold chill. I hope that we will be able to come to an understanding which does not involve me sending my gun out for upto a month or more when I can replace the part in 5 minutes myself.

Edit2: I feel like I was rude with anger about not being able to just get the part. I would like to apologize If I offended anyone. I am now not against sending the gun in as it is possible to find a loner somewhere for my game, I am just hoping that It will not take one month to get it back :/

Edited by celbii, 19 August 2011 - 10:18 AM.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:08 PM

I certainly understand your frustration but company guidelines must be followed.  And they probably also want to take a look at your entire assembly to make sure there isn't something there that caused the cylinder breakage in the first place. This will prevent similar problems in the future.  They are just trying to be thorough.  
Thanks for your understanding.

#5 celbii

celbii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 19 August 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

I certainly understand your frustration but company guidelines must be followed.  And they probably also want to take a look at your entire assembly to make sure there isn't something there that caused the cylinder breakage in the first place. This will prevent similar problems in the future.  They are just trying to be thorough.  
Thanks for your understanding.
I agree completely, I was just frustrated earlier hence my apology :)
We have got it worked out now and I am going to send the gun in for exactly that reason, so they can go through the whole gun and make sure there wasn't any other issue that caused the problem :)

Thank you,
Celbii

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users