• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 foollycoolly

foollycoolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hi kwa, I am having problems deciding between a kwa mp7 and kwa mp9. I have looked into both smgs extensively and still can't decide. I would be using them as a primary in field. I know these guns don't exactly shine in this sort of environment but I don't care. So my question is, without upgrades, which of these guns is more accurate. Also I realize mp9s are very loud and have more recoil but do kwa mp7s have some recoil or wobble and are they somewhat intimidating(are they louder than a kwa aeg.) Which of the two is easier to maintain. I apologize for all the questions it's just that I have no access to these guns so I'm sort of in the dark. (only answer please if you have fired any of these guns) Thanks for the help!

Edited by foollycoolly, 20 April 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#2 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

I have owned both and the two things that stand out as cons after using the hell out of mine are:

MP7: the lip in the middle of the mag and its slight curve make it a pain in the butt when inserting or pulling from mag pouches under fire.

MP9: easy to switch to full auto if left handed or semi auto if right handed without meaning too.  Our field has strict semi only rules at close range and I have full auto guys allot because of this.

These are not KWA's fault as they are just copying the design of the real thing in both cases.  Both need a tool to adjust hop up, but I find the MP7 easier to adjust, but the MP7 is much more complex to tear down and clean compared to the mp9.

Both are easy to boost the fps with just a tight-bore, and I find both to have great range and accuracy, similar to a decent aeg in warm weather.  Both work great in the cold on semi, but not so great on full auto (in the cold).  When all other gas guns are falling on their face because of the cold (upstate ny here) the mp9 and mp7 keep firing on semi fine.

Both are loud and intimidating, but the mp9 is cheaper so an extra mag is easier to nab at initial purchase.  I have 5 mags but find I almost never get into the 4th or 5th with my style of shooting, so 3 would be a great start for most players I think.

If you like the looks and feel of both and want to work on it yourself get the mp9 it is much more user friendly on the inside.

#3 foollycoolly

foollycoolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

Thanks dobey, what you have told me has helped a lot. Just a couple of questions though. 1. Which of these two would you choose. 2. What you said regarding maintenance will be a huge factor in determining which one I buy so because of this is it that much harder to clean than the mp9? I was leaning a bit more toward the mp7 (because of looks) and I thought if I just use green gas I wouldn't have to clean it. But if I do have to clean it don't both guns come with a detailed manual concerning the cleaning of them?3. Are these guns honestly reliable or will you have to from time to time disassemble it to see what the problem is( this is one of the reasons I love aegs because they are so reliable?)4. Is the mp9 much louder than the mp7? Thanks for taking time to answer my silly questions:)

Edited by foollycoolly, 21 April 2011 - 07:14 PM.

#4 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

I feel like they are about the same noise level.  You are going to have to clean them eventually, there is no getting around it, and the mp9 is much easier than the mp7.  If you want to install a tight bore barrel the mp7 will be a bit more work than the mp9, and the mp7 is a bit harder to get back together correctly.  At this point I am using an mp9 over the mp7, its a bit cheaper and you can almost get an extra mag for the difference.  Couple that with the easier to work on and clean and its a no brain-er.  The guns are really so close that I would go to a shop and hold them, you really need to hold them in your hand to see which you like better, then get the one you like best.

#5 foollycoolly

foollycoolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

Thanks dobey! This was very informative! Question though,  is it true that the bucking in the mp7 will become saturated by excess silicon oil in the green gas? Does this problem exist in the mp9? I thought you only need to clean the Bolt assembly in the mp7? Will I end up having to go into the trigger assembly in the mp7 for cleaning? (if so I want no part of it)Do the kwa manuals come very, very detailed as to what parts need to be cleaned? Sorry for being so obstinate, I just really want an mp7 but at the same time really need it to be reliable.( by the way I was totally lost on how to disassemble my mac11 so will the mp7 and mp9 be a lot harder)

#6 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:55 AM

This guide shows you a tear down of the mp9, the 7 is harder.  I had the bucking swell on my 7, cleaned it with soap and water and it fixed it.  I stopped using oil in the gas and just cleaned it each weekend I used it instead and I never saw the problem again.  I never had it happen on the 9 but I was already using the above system when I got it so I don't know if it will do it.

http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=4909

#7 foollycoolly

foollycoolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Dobey, I looked at the pictures though and I was a little intimidated. Not so much with the disassembly of the gun but rather when I will have to reassemble it. Will I have to disassemble the whole bolt for cleaning? Not that your pictures were bad or anything, but will the gun come with a very, very, detailed explanation of how to disassemble and reassemble it in the user's manual? Thanks again:)

Edited by foollycoolly, 23 April 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#8 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

You do not have to disassemble the entire bolt. Ignore the part where he uses a punch to knock the pin out. Clean the mp9 of the accumulated grim, and apply a very thin layer of the included silicone oil to the areas to the moving parts (silver colored parts), and also, pull the nozzle forward which reveals the green o-ring, and drop 1-2 drops of silicone oil onto the green o-ring.

In terms of assembling, it will all seem intimidating on the first try because of uncertainty. But work your ways through it, and once you get it, it'll be no problem to disassemble and assemble the Mp9 together. Remember, we're also here to help you if  you get stuck. :)

#9 foollycoolly

foollycoolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

Thanks great watermelon! Do the kmp9 user manuals come with a cleaning guide?

#10 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

Not sure, I don't think I ever looked at the manual.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

View Postfoollycoolly, on 25 April 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

Thanks great watermelon! Do the kmp9 user manuals come with a cleaning guide?

http://www.kwausa.co...r-owners-manual
http://www.kwausa.co...a1-users-manual

Here you go.  From the links you can download the PDF files of the manuals.  The KMP9 is more detailed regarding assembly.:gun:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users