How do I remove the front and rear sights?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dwt110

dwt110

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously)
    Kittens
    BMW's

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

I have a KWA USP Tactical and I absolutely hate the sights, so I ordered a standard USP sight set, and I need to remove the sights that I have on currently. Incase you don't know, they are dovetail sights, so they slide into a slot. The only problem is that a few months ago, my Tactical sights came loose, and I put a bit of glue on the notch on the front site to make it stay in, and I put some glue on the outside of both sides of the rear sight because it was sliding around. Now I can't get the sights out, they are a tiny bit wiggly, but I cant get them to go free. Anyone got any tips? Any type of glue remover I can use that won't destroy the paint on the slide? If anyone needs to know I used gorilla glue.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

If the sights are wiggly, try to see if you can get a thin and sharp object underneath the sights to poke and chip away the glue. Apparently, according to Gorilla Glue, "there are no solvents or cleaning agents to remove gorilla glue once it dries." This may just be a boasting advertisement claim, but I'm sure there's gotta be something to get that glue off.

#3 dwt110

dwt110

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously)
    Kittens
    BMW's

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 03 July 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

but I'm sure there's gotta be something to get that glue off.

acid, lava, etc...

but I also found another post that says you need to remove a screw from inside the blowback unit to get the rear sight to slide off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users