#1 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hello all,

I've been following the multiple videos on YouTube from Boobie and GeckoActual, and trying over and over to get the pin out from the bolt sector.

I've ran into a small problem. It appears that 1/16th "punch/chisel" tools I purchased do not fit, I've ran everywhere from Canadian Tire to Home Depot with no luck, even bought a small drill bit that was "1/16th," and still doesn't want to fit into that hole.

"Small precision" flat tool seems to fit inside, but the pin doesn't budge.

I wanted to make sure I was hitting the proper "pin" out, is this the pin inside the little hole here?

(See the first photo with the hole, that little metal piece sticking out.. what is it? I think It's hollow because I can see through it at certain angles)

Any tips and help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

(Trying to clean and lube it out down there)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostBioRage, on 08 August 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Hello all,

I've been following the multiple videos on YouTube from Boobie and GeckoActual, and trying over and over to get the pin out from the bolt sector.

I've ran into a small problem. It appears that 1/16th "punch/chisel" tools I purchased do not fit, I've ran everywhere from Canadian Tire to Home Depot with no luck, even bought a small drill bit that was "1/16th," and still doesn't want to fit into that hole.

"Small precision" flat tool seems to fit inside, but the pin doesn't budge.

I wanted to make sure I was hitting the proper "pin" out, is this the pin inside the little hole here?

(See the first photo with the hole, that little metal piece sticking out.. what is it? I think It's hollow because I can see through it at certain angles)

Any tips and help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

(Trying to clean and lube it out down there)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ideally a 1/16" roll pin punch is the correct tool.  I actually have used other small pinches but most tend to be a bit large even if marked 1/16"

#3 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

View Postgcw360, on 08 August 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Ideally a 1/16" roll pin punch is the correct tool.  I actually have used other small pinches but most tend to be a bit large even if marked 1/16"

Hey GCW360,

Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm that metal piece on the bolt in the first image is the "pin" I need to hammer out please?

I agree, I cannot find any "punch/pinch tools," the one from:

Home Depot <click link here>
Canadian Tire <click link here>

I just picked these 3/4" nails up after showing the staff the bolt, he said nothing would "fit" so to use these "3/4"" nails lol,

Guess I can try it out later..

(not sure why image is rotated.. link)

Posted Image

Thanks Guys.

Edited by gcw360, 09 August 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostBioRage, on 09 August 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hey GCW360,

Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm that metal piece on the bolt in the first image is the "pin" I need to hammer out please?

I agree, I cannot find any "punch/pinch tools," the one from:

Home Depot <click link here>
Canadian Tire <click link here>

I just picked these 3/4" nails up after showing the staff the bolt, he said nothing would "fit" so to use these "3/4"" nails lol,

Guess I can try it out later..

(not sure why image is rotated.. link)

Posted Image

Thanks Guys.
The metal piece that looks like it is recessed into the polymer cylinder that is hollow (roll pin) is the piece that comes out!

By this and do the job right: 230-100-001WB
#1 Roll Pin Punch

Mfr Part: 25000939

Main page: http://www.brownells...s-prod5551.aspx

It's worth the 4 bucks plus shipping.  While you are at it get #'s 2, 3, and 4 too.  It's practically all you will need for most applications with airsoft roll pins

#5 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

View Postgcw360, on 09 August 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

The metal piece that looks like it is recessed into the polymer cylinder that is hollow (roll pin) is the piece that comes out!

By this and do the job right: 230-100-001WB
#1 Roll Pin Punch

Mfr Part: 25000939

Main page: http://www.brownells...s-prod5551.aspx

It's worth the 4 bucks plus shipping.  While you are at it get #'s 2, 3, and 4 too.  It's practically all you will need for most applications with airsoft roll pins

Hi GCW360,

Thank you for the reply, I took your recommendation and placed and order with browns ordering #1-#4! I think shipping might be more to Canada, but it's doesn't matter at this point!

I hope this will work, since the nails didn't work, this darn pin is quite stubborn.

Posted Image

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostBioRage, on 10 August 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Hi GCW360,

Thank you for the reply, I took your recommendation and placed and order with browns ordering #1-#4! I think shipping might be more to Canada, but it's doesn't matter at this point!

I hope this will work, since the nails didn't work, this darn pin is quite stubborn.

Posted Image
Note, if you damage the roll pin it's going to be a B%T$H to get out. Also, get a second pair of hands to hold the cylinder when you start knocking out the pin.

#7 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Postgcw360, on 10 August 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Note, if you damage the roll pin it's going to be a B%T$H to get out. Also, get a second pair of hands to hold the cylinder when you start knocking out the pin.

@GCW360 I was tempted to just order a new bolt from KWAUSA, but I ordered your tools,

Alas if the tools fail me again, then I will have to order a full new bolt from KWA lol.

Thanks!

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostBioRage, on 10 August 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

@GCW360 I was tempted to just order a new bolt from KWAUSA, but I ordered your tools,

Alas if the tools fail me again, then I will have to order a full new bolt from KWA lol.

Thanks!
Let's hope the tools do the trick then.

#9 -wigs-

-wigs-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

I've found that if you don't have a punch you can use the same size Allen key you would use to take out the flash hider grub screw, be carefull to not demolish that hole though.

#10 FlubberDucky

FlubberDucky

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

It took me an hour to get that thing out. It was so frustrating and i broke like 3 punches and bent about 20 nails. Its a pain but it will eventually come out.

#11 mr.ying

mr.ying

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

oh man, i was about to post about this topic, I did the same thing as biorage did. Bought the 1/16 punch the pin wouldn't come out. Had no other idea how to get it out spent 2 hours on this damn thing couldn't take it out. Biorage let me know how the set works.

haha also i see that you are from Toronto, I live around there. Just wondering are you on airsoftcanada??

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postmr.ying, on 14 August 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

oh man, i was about to post about this topic, I did the same thing as biorage did. Bought the 1/16 punch the pin wouldn't come out. Had no other idea how to get it out spent 2 hours on this damn thing couldn't take it out. Biorage let me know how the set works.

haha also i see that you are from Toronto, I live around there. Just wondering are you on airsoftcanada??
Maybe you two can hold each others cylinders while you tap out the pins?..... :blink:

#13 mr.ying

mr.ying

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postgcw360, on 14 August 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Maybe you two can hold each others cylinders while you tap out the pins?..... :blink:

LOLLLLLLLLL I like that idea ahahhahaha!

#14 mr.ying

mr.ying

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

Oh yah I was about to order a brand new bolt from the pro shop, I figure out that you have to order all the parts separately and they don't even have 4-5 of the items needed in stock. BUMMER :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postmr.ying, on 14 August 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Oh yah I was about to order a brand new bolt from the pro shop, I figure out that you have to order all the parts separately and they don't even have 4-5 of the items needed in stock. BUMMER :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like I posted in your other thread....call them directly.....you never know!

Telephone Numbers:
  • 1.626.581.1777 (Voice)
  • 1.626.581.0777 (Fax)

For Questions / Warranty / Order Status / Parts Request / Returns

Service Hours:

• Monday thru Friday - 8:30am to 5:30pm (PST)
  • Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays - Closed

Address:

KWA USA
18571 E. Gale Ave
City of Industry, CA 91748-1339
USA

#16 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolt, pin, disassemble

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users