Rubberized Slide Pieces?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Um.. Airsoft? Also: aviation, gaming (PS3 and PC), watching TV/movies, working on stuff that I think I can fix but just break even worse, and science.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

So I recently got a KWA 19 and for some reason the area on the slide that has contact with the first rail guide on the frame snapped, leaving both sides with a small chunk of it gone. So, I leave the gun there not wanting to do anything that might harm it. The areas where it broke off look like it is a stone instead of a metal as it is just a dull grey, not shiny like the rest of the exposed metal areas. So anyway, I set the two slivers of the slide that had broken off and left them on top of my monitor's base until I figured out what to do. Now, a week later, I come to try and epoxy the slivers back on the slide and I realize that they have transformed into this dry rubber-like material with small specs of metal yet to be "rubberized" left on the area where it broke off. What has happened? I am so confused right now as to what has happened.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Do you have pictures on the gun, broken pieces, and slide?

#3 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Um.. Airsoft? Also: aviation, gaming (PS3 and PC), watching TV/movies, working on stuff that I think I can fix but just break even worse, and science.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

How can I upload pictures?

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Upload to PhotoBucket, cut and past the URL/image location into the image up-link.  See the icon on the tool bar second row 11th icon from the left when you are posting.

#5 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

A picture taken right after it broke, the pieces are normal (the picture is very unclear due to the light, sorry)

Posted Image

A picture taken after I notice that the pieces "rubberized"

Posted Image

A picture showing the pieces bending like rubber (held in place via some tape, it stretches too but I didn't pull too much because I didn't want to risk breaking it)

Posted Image

Edited by Corncake288, 21 April 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'm truly thinking it is simply the metal bending.  Regardless you need a new slide...plane and simple.

#7 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

View Postgcw360, on 21 April 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

I'm truly thinking it is simply the metal bending.  Regardless you need a new slide...plane and simple.
How is it the metal bending? I don't really think I can bend metal like that and have it pop right back into the shape it was. It is also elastic, kind of like it is a dried out rubber band. Also, where can I get a new slide and how much will it cost?

Edited by Corncake288, 22 April 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

I wish I had more answers for you.  I have seen numerous M19's, I have owed two myself, and never seen what you are describing.  Because the M series is no longer made for the US market and has not been for several years, you will need to source the slide overseas.  I would look to stores like: eHobbyAsia, WGC, Uncompany, and Tokyo Model Company.  Hope this helps.

#9 Mikester619

Mikester619

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

WTF? Did you buy your M-series from the rubber factory. 10 years now, my M18c, M19 and my M26C is still running strong. Still have the original aluminum slide and barrel installed. Never saw this happened to any M-series pistol. Maybe you purchased a counterfeit pistol

Edited by Mikester619, 22 April 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#10 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PostMikester619, on 22 April 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

Maybe you purchased a counterfeit pistol

I am 99% sure it is not counterfeit. There is that 1% though, but I highly doubt it.

#11 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

KWA M Series Rubber Edition, ETA Q4 2012. Haha, imagine a fully rubber gun...
Did you say this is the stock slide?

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostCorncake288, on 22 April 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

I am 99% sure it is not counterfeit. There is that 1% though, but I highly doubt it.
Where did you buy the gun?

#13 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

I can see little pit marks that still have the original paint on them and I have not ever seen a KWA GBB pistol with marks like that on the internal slide rails.  I think there is a good possibility that it may be a counterfeit.

#14 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Due to the markings on the slide, it is NOT a KWA pistol. Closing this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users