7 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyHeadwound

JohnnyHeadwound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Still enjoying Airsoft; Martial Arts; Hiking

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

I just got off the phone with ASGI customer support regarding the KWA M1911DS; apparently, it will go on sale for the "May Shocker" this week.  I was looking for another GBB side-arm and came upon this model.  Although it is not a "true" M1911, I like the over style and features.  My question is this: Has KWA discontnued this model?  The customer support representative told me that KWA was looking at re-releasing it due to popular demand.  I would really prefer to purchase a gun that I can easily acquire parts for; I was also considering the M9 PTP, any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

#2 Epitaph

Epitaph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

I can't say whether KWA is re-releasing the DS line, as I have no info on that.

However, I have owned the M9 PTP Tactical, it was an excellent pistol. The range was pretty ridiculous with .28's and GG or propane. The only thing I did not like about the M9 was that the magazines would aquire slow leaks every now and then and need to be resealed.

I have not owned, but have handled, fired, and fielded the 1911DS on multiple occasions. I had several team mates that owned them and ran them into the ground. The gun is a tank, and functioned great in all weather conditions - even below freezing temperatures - you can see for yourself from an old video on youtube, search "1911ds tas801". To this day that gun in the video is still going strong even though it rarely sees lube or any cleaning patches :/

Honestly, I think you should go with what model you like best because they are both awesome pistols and you can't go wrong with either one.

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

I have also seen the DS in stock at ASGI, but I don't think it's necessarily a re release. It's possible KWA never actually discontinued the model but rather put production on hold while they focused on other more popular products. I'm sure it you needed parts that aren't on the pro shop you could always call up KWA and ask them if what you need is available.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Whether it's discontinued or not, we DO know that ASGI still has some and they are willing to get rid of em! I would assume that they are discontinued (temporarily?, I don't know) though, because the KWA website doesn't advertise it any more.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

There are a few of the old M1911DS's floating around for sale apparently.  It's a great gun IMO.

#6 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

View Postgcw360, on 01 May 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

There are a few of the old M1911DS's floating around for sale apparently.  It's a great gun IMO.
I'm looking at getting one. :P Is it TM compatible?

Edited by xX Chaotic Cam, 01 May 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 01 May 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

I'm looking at getting one. :P Is it TM compatible?
No, not TM compatible...No KWA GBB's are.

#8 KWChris

KWChris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Mountain Biking, Pistol

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

A buddy of mine has the 1911DS as well and loves it. Fields it for most of the same reasons mentioned here. It's a tank and shoots great. His biggest problem for the gun is he says he can't find any extra magazines for the life of him in stock anywhere. I believe he even asked about where he could maybe find some in the staff chat session on Friday but never got it figured out.

Edited by KWChris, 13 May 2012 - 11:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users