• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EBHM4

EBHM4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Okay, I have a very odd problem with my KWA MkII PTP.  First I would like to state that this gun has worked well for me for about a year and this is one of the first major issues I've encountered and it is very bizarre.

The simplest explanation is this: The trigger on my KWA MkII PTP works just fine dry-firing, and dry-firing with a magazine in with no gas.  However, once there is gas in the magazine the trigger pull becomes inconsistent, difficult, and requires a much longer, harder, pull (sometimes a couple) to drop the hammer and actually fire the gun.  Anyone have any ideas here?  Because I'm fresh out.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hi EBHM4, welcome to the forums. I've never heard of this issue before. I'm thinking it has something to do with either the main spring, the hammer spring, or impact block spring. I would recommend that you send the gun and have a KWA tech fix it for you right. Submit an RMA here:
www.kwausa.com/support

Expect to pay around $45 for parts and labor, and KWA techs go in and replace any parts that may be damaged and fix it up right... but afterwards you receive a new 45 day warranty so that if you experience another problem afterwards, you can always send it back within those 45 days and get it fixed again under warranty.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostEBHM4, on 29 January 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Okay, I have a very odd problem with my KWA MkII PTP.  First I would like to state that this gun has worked well for me for about a year and this is one of the first major issues I've encountered and it is very bizarre.

The simplest explanation is this: The trigger on my KWA MkII PTP works just fine dry-firing, and dry-firing with a magazine in with no gas.  However, once there is gas in the magazine the trigger pull becomes inconsistent, difficult, and requires a much longer, harder, pull (sometimes a couple) to drop the hammer and actually fire the gun.  Anyone have any ideas here?  Because I'm fresh out.
Does it feel like you need to pull "harder" because no matter how far the trigger goes it's just a bit too short to fire?  If so, the trigger screw #96 needs top be adjusted.  I believe you need to screw it in a bit with an hex wrench and you should be good to go.  Try in and out until you like the travel.

Let us know if this works.

See here for reference: http://kwausa.com/im...md06_1911mk.pdf

#4 EBHM4

EBHM4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Alright update time.  Thanks for your input Outlaw and GCW, (And by the way I had adjusted the trigger screw before posting) and it ended up being the leaf spring in the backstrap.  I had an extra one that I got from a friend and I threw it in to see what would happen and it fixed the issue completely.  Gun is as good as new!

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Glad to know it's fixed. Have fun!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users