7 replies to this topic

#1 jlw247

jlw247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, orienteering, Scouting, Biking & Airsoft

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

I just bought a G36C second hand that chronos at 275 fps. I’m guessing someone trimmed the spring due to the fact it should shoot 395+ with a stock spring new out of the box (I haven’t opened it up yet). If i were to buy a new spring for this gun what number should i get? Local indoor is at 350 fps and local outdoor is 400fps.  What is the correlation in fps to the spring number, i think i saw the prostore carries m100, m120 & m130 and what can my G36C handle?
Thanks
Joe

#2 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

View Postjlw247, on 18 August 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

I just bought a G36C second hand that chronos at 275 fps. I’m guessing someone trimmed the spring due to the fact it should shoot 395+ with a stock spring new out of the box (I haven’t opened it up yet). If i were to buy a new spring for this gun what number should i get? Local indoor is at 350 fps and local outdoor is 400fps.  What is the correlation in fps to the spring number, i think i saw the prostore carries m100, m120 & m130 and what can my G36C handle?
Thanks
Joe

You may want to look at your airseal. It is most likely to cause a loss in FPS. One way to tell if it is the GB or the airseal is to put the shooter into semi and fire it into a chrono. If the FPS from shot to shot varies more than +_ 5 fps you have an airseal problem. If they are dead on maybe a new spring would be needed.

To stay under 350 an M100 or m110 if your gun is leaking. 400fps an M110 or a leakey M120 but the 120 is probably going to go over 400 and if your battery and GB are not up to it you could create some problems for yourself.

Good luck.

Edited by philsaudio, 19 August 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#3 jlw247

jlw247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

I was able to chrono my g36c today with results +- 8 fps over 20 shots, seemed fairly consistent. So I decided to open her to see what I had. Since this was my 1st time inside an airsoft gun and reading some of the horror stories, I was a little apprehensive. Everything went fine until the trigger assembly popped out and everything went south. All I have to say is, what in the hell were they thinking when they designed this trigger. Well I definitely have a working knowledge of the gear box after that fiasco. Put one spring in and the gears pop out or the trigger switch bracket moves out of alignment. Anyway the previous owner had the spring cut down, so I need to order a new one, probably M110 and M120.
Is there anything else i should do inside the gear box since im in there?
Thanks philsaudio for your input

Joe

Edited by jlw247, 20 August 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#4 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

You opened Pandoras Kan Worms Allovethplace. I know that sinking feeling.

There is a litany of things to do a mile long. You need to research and practice. For now maybe getting the m110 in there and closing it up is enough of a start.

Look up topics like AOE, Premature Engagement or PE, greasing, shimming (maybe you have no shims with the KWA self shimming gears my spur had one 0.10mm shim on the bottom or large gear side of the spur or middle gear], put a new o-ring on the piston if it is worn, clean out debris if any.

Sometimes it is better to have an extra hand(s) while closing it up and if you can get it partially closed and put a few screws in to keep it from coming apart but not so much that it is closed you can wiggle or push/pull with a hook tool, the trigger and or ARL and gears into place until it snaps shut. Then tighten the screws. Dont use the screws to close the box,  just to hold it until everything lines up and it snaps together. What a satisfying sound. Now check the trigger and make sure it is not binding and the spring returns it.  Dont forget the holder on the outside back of the box before screwing her shut. Use a screwdriver through the spring guide and piston to hold them down till you get the cover on. I suppose you found a 9mm torx for the screws.

Best bet with a KWA is don't touch anything unless it breaks and if it does get a factory replacement part otherwise you may have to start replacing other parts as well.  

I can not tell you the respect I have for people who can put a GB together alone with their fingers as their main tool. I built this to hold things together while it get it ready to snap shut. Old speaker magnet keeps the gears and ARL true. Clamps keep the cylinder and main spring from popping out, little brades and do dads hold the trigger and tappet. Indespensible for me..
Posted Image

peace

#5 jlw247

jlw247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

You’re absolutely right about the feeling you get when you hear the snap of the two halves as they finally go together. It took me about an hour for me to hear that sound. It's funny that you included the photo of the clamps because that what I was thinking I needed. I should have one constrcted by this weekend :D.
Joe

#6 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Here is a picture of something similar to the clamps I have. At least you can get a name and search for the size you need. Google Images works well for this. I had all that stuff in my workshop from something else long ago. I just looked around and MacGyver'ed it together. Do people these days know who Mac McGyver is?

If you got it together without a jig or another set of helping hands I salute you!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Edited by philsaudio, 22 August 2012 - 03:12 AM.

#7 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

The clamps are just tight enough to hold the cylinder and spring but lose enough for the GB to slide around under them. Don't want to crush the cylinder.

#8 jlw247

jlw247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

The clamp works like a dream! I was able to change out the spring from disassembly to assembly in less than 20 minutes. When I compared the new spring with the old, it looks like they cut off about 2". Now with the new M120 spring, the gun is shooting 390, 391, 389 & 390 with 0.20 bbs and 349, 350, 350 & 349 with 0.25 bbs. Thanks for your help on this issue Philsaudio.

When I bought the G36C I also bought a G&G UMG for my son (both used) I also replace the spring with a M120 but that change out only increase the fps from 290 to 335. Do you know if I would hurt anything in the gb if I went to a M130 spring? I also noticed the compression wasn't as strong as the G36C when I had my finger over the air nozzle while pushing on the piston.
Thanks Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users