P226 - 150% spring upgrade problems (gas release / half cycling)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 roguetide

roguetide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hi guys.

I've had the p226 for a bit now, and recently bought both a new slide (one with indentations and markings) and also the guarder 150% hammer + slide springs.

Although now, I'm finding that it's releasing a hell of alot of gas on each round empty after around 4 - 5 shots.  It also 'locks' back occasionally during a cycle, and I can hear hissing as all the gas is expended.  I'm thinking that this is probably to do with the hammer spring, but what I don't understand is that sometimes, I'll refill the gas while the magazine is still in the gun and it just shoots the gas right through, not actually filling the thing.

Anyone have any experience with this, on this gun or otherwise?  I read (and watched a youtube tutorial) about the upgrade springs and on all accounts, the springs are supposed to work well.  

TIA,

RT

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

If your gun is not fully cycling after the spring install, I would have to guess that the new hammer spring is not strong enough to hit the block that impacts the release valve on the mag.  I had a similar issue with my ATP so I just reinstalled the stock and problem fixed.

#3 Hermann the German

Hermann the German

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

HI First of all sorry for my gramma as my english is not so good,THX! I have a226 as well with all the problems we read about! I was really upset that the gun didn't work because i bought it second hand(Now i know why this ******* sold it)!Anyway,i bought the guarder springs as recommendet and.......nothing, the slide still didnt cycle the full way(I changed both the recoil and the hammer spring)!i stript the gun 3 or 4 times and nothing,but today i had the idea to put a spacer  on the hammer strut+the new hammer spring(Now its really strong!!!)and it works!!!Well i run out of gas so i could empty just 2 mags but the gun run flawless now...i will post pics or a vid for better understand(next week) i hope that helps because now this gun is like a dream!!!

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostHermann the German, on 19 October 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

HI First of all sorry for my gramma as my english is not so good,THX! I have a226 as well with all the problems we read about! I was really upset that the gun didn't work because i bought it second hand(Now i know why this ******* sold it)!Anyway,i bought the guarder springs as recommendet and.......nothing, the slide still didnt cycle the full way(I changed both the recoil and the hammer spring)!i stript the gun 3 or 4 times and nothing,but today i had the idea to put a spacer  on the hammer strut+the new hammer spring(Now its really strong!!!)and it works!!!Well i run out of gas so i could empty just 2 mags but the gun run flawless now...i will post pics or a vid for better understand(next week) i hope that helps because now this gun is like a dream!!!
Thank you Hermann the German....FYI your English is better than my German.  Please post the pics or a video as you described so as to help others.  Thank you again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users