• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hoplite

Hoplite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hey I know this is probably a stupid question, but my CQR MOD1 is really loud, and I just want to know if its supposed to be like this and/or if I can fix this problem.

I'm asking cause all my friends KWA's are very quiet.

thanks,

Dallin

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostHoplite, on 01 February 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Hey I know this is probably a stupid question, but my CQR MOD1 is really loud, and I just want to know if its supposed to be like this and/or if I can fix this problem.

I'm asking cause all my friends KWA's are very quiet.

thanks,

Dallin
Hi Hoplite - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  Congratulations on your CRR.  Can you explane what you mean by loud?  Is the it the gearbox whining, the pop, pop, of the piston coming home, etc.?

#3 Hoplite

Hoplite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for replying so soon, and it is the pop of the piston. I know it could be normal, but my jg that is a higher fps has a smoother pop of the piston than the kwa, which to me is unusual because KWA is amazing.

thanks,
Dallin

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostHoplite, on 01 February 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Thanks for replying so soon, and it is the pop of the piston. I know it could be normal, but my jg that is a higher fps has a smoother pop of the piston than the kwa, which to me is unusual because KWA is amazing.

thanks,
Dallin
KWA's normally have a louder popping sound.  This is primarily because of the materials used e.g., aluminim piston head vs the ported polymer on in you JG.  It notmal and to be expected.

Enjoy your KWA CQR 1 and let us know if you have any more questions.

#5 eatMoarChiken

eatMoarChiken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

KWA, I got a CQR MOD 1 for christmas and is a great beginner gun when it's not overheating. I have put countless rounds through this and love it but today i had barely finished my 1st k120 mag when it started to get hot in the pistol grip by the trigger.I took a look in the magwell and the part where the bb's go in was hot too. After that it would not fire, I don't know why. If you guys would be so kind as to help me out I would be more than satisfied,  Ryan

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PosteatMoarChiken, on 18 February 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

KWA, I got a CQR MOD 1 for christmas and is a great beginner gun when it's not overheating. I have put countless rounds through this and love it but today i had barely finished my 1st k120 mag when it started to get hot in the pistol grip by the trigger.I took a look in the magwell and the part where the bb's go in was hot too. After that it would not fire, I don't know why. If you guys would be so kind as to help me out I would be more than satisfied,  Ryan
Hi EMC - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  It's perfectly normal for the motor to heat up.  In fact, some people do a beak in run that requires the motor to be submerged in water because it can get too hot to handle.  So long as you are not blowing fuses over and over, or melting wires, you are fine.  That doesn't sound like your case.

Regarding the gun stopping, you may have popped a fuse and should check that first.  More likely though, either the front connectors in the fore grip are not properly connected or the connectors on the motor, in the motor grip, have come loose.  This is an easy fix.  See here: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=2611

Let us know if this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users