#1 Docka

Docka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Fixed see last post for fix.
http://kwausa.com/fo...629

So I just got the gun 2 days ago. I did a training fire session with the pistol then took it apart ( Field stripped) to clean the what I thought over greased factory conditions were then put it back together.

I don't know what exactly must have been touched, but I cant even fire 7 rounds from a mag because it looses the whole mag storage of gas.

It really seems like for some reason its releasing too much gas on each shot its much louder than it used to be so I can only assume its releasing way too much gas per shot now.

I have no clue what to do from this point.

I have tried 3 different new bottles of propane with the same results, and swapped between the 3 mags I have all with the same results.

Any ideas? I re lubed the gun as well to make it how it was when I got it.

Edited by Docka, 28 January 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hi Docka, try switching to green gas to see if it changes the result.

#3 Docka

Docka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 28 January 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Hi Docka, try switching to green gas to see if it changes the result.

Green gas isnt an option where I'm at ordering in some would take longer than the "warranty" that comes with the guns. It was working fin and now it's not. Just went out and bought a new can of propane no dice its like the mag wont accept more gas or the gun is using too much per shot now. Almost like a regulator is stuck open too far.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Forgot to welcome you to the forums... I'll do so now: Welcome to the forums! Lol

So the warranty wouldn't matter anyhow anymore because by using propane you've voided warranty. :/

If you think the magazine isn't accepting anymore gas, I'd be sure to check the o ring at the bottom of the mag in the fill valve. If the black o ring isn't there, you will need to get new ones. If it is there, I'd recommend a drop of silicon oil in there to make sure it's nice and lubricated.

Also, how long are you charging the magazine with gas for? I'd recommend charging the mag for at least 20 seconds, 30 seconds if you want to be safe. Remember, you can never overcharge a magazine with gas.

#5 Docka

Docka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 28 January 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Forgot to welcome you to the forums... I'll do so now: Welcome to the forums! Lol

So the warranty wouldn't matter anyhow anymore because by using propane you've voided warranty. :/

If you think the magazine isn't accepting anymore gas, I'd be sure to check the o ring at the bottom of the mag in the fill valve. If the black o ring isn't there, you will need to get new ones. If it is there, I'd recommend a drop of silicon oil in there to make sure it's nice and lubricated.

Also, how long are you charging the magazine with gas for? I'd recommend charging the mag for at least 20 seconds, 30 seconds if you want to be safe. Remember, you can never overcharge a magazine with gas.

30 seconds or more. I held it on there a minute and nothing else happened I stop hearing gas move about 5 seconds into the charge.

I talked to KWA staff and they said just oil the gun. I honestly think there is way TOO much gas coming out on each shot as compared to before. It is a lot louder, and the gas empties out in 4-7 shots.

Do you know if there is a regulator somewhere in the gun that may have been opened during a cleaning process?

#6 Docka

Docka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Fixed this issue there is a plunger inside the gas chamber of the pistol where the inner barrel meets. This had somehow slipped past the pressure pin that held it there.

It works 100% now. I guess I will have to monitor this plunger to make sure it doesnt slip even though I cant see it doing that. I am pretty sure Evike.com had used this gun prior to me getting it. I really dont see it coming stock with so much silicon oil in it and the orange tip was pretty much worn off on the bottom where the slide rubs it.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,719 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostDocka, on 28 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Fixed this issue there is a plunger inside the gas chamber of the pistol where the inner barrel meets. This had somehow slipped past the pressure pin that held it there.

It works 100% now. I guess I will have to monitor this plunger to make sure it doesnt slip even though I cant see it doing that. I am pretty sure Evike.com had used this gun prior to me getting it. I really dont see it coming stock with so much silicon oil in it and the orange tip was pretty much worn off on the bottom where the slide rubs it.
Thank you for posting the cause and result.  Glad to hear the gun's working well now too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users