• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Khaleb14

Khaleb14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

The trigger on my KM4 sticks after each shot on semi only. Auto is functioning perfectly. When the trigger is pulled back on semi, it doesn't come back after the shot. I am able to push it back into place with a small amount of force. This only happens when I have the battery in. I've checked my trigger spring and it isn't broken. I need help on this. Thanks.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostKhaleb14, on 17 November 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

The trigger on my KM4 sticks after each shot on semi only. Auto is functioning perfectly. When the trigger is pulled back on semi, it doesn't come back after the shot. I am able to push it back into place with a small amount of force. This only happens when I have the battery in. I've checked my trigger spring and it isn't broken. I need help on this. Thanks.
Hi Knaleb14, welcome to the KWA Forums.  Have you taken the gearbox apart recently?

#3 Khaleb14

Khaleb14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postgcw360, on 17 November 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Hi Knaleb14, welcome to the KWA Forums.  Have you taken the gearbox apart recently?
Yes I actually did after the problem occurred. I couldn't find anything wrong. So I re assembled it to make sure I didn't mess it up more.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostKhaleb14, on 17 November 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Yes I actually did after the problem occurred. I couldn't find anything wrong. So I re assembled it to make sure I didn't mess it up more.
Did you remove the trigger shuttle spring?  It's the little coiled spring that connects the two parts of the trigger assembly.

#5 Khaleb14

Khaleb14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

View Postgcw360, on 17 November 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Did you remove the trigger shuttle spring?  It's the little coiled spring that connects the two parts of the trigger assembly.
I remember seeing a coil spring in the trigger assembly somewhere. I'll need to look at it again but if you have the solution to that problem then would you mind going ahead and telling me so if it's that then I can get it fixed up.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostKhaleb14, on 17 November 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I remember seeing a coil spring in the trigger assembly somewhere. I'll need to look at it again but if you have the solution to that problem then would you mind going ahead and telling me so if it's that then I can get it fixed up.
Without having the gun in front of me I can only speculate regarding the issue and solution.

Here are some of the potential causes:
  • The spring I mentioned is not properly installed on the trigger shuttle or is broken
  • The connectors of the trigger are too tight holding the shuttle in place
  • The trigger spring is not properly installed
  • Something is not properly seated withing the gearbox and stopping the trigger from resetting e.g., the wire harness.
Hope this helps.

#7 Khaleb14

Khaleb14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postgcw360, on 18 November 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

Without having the gun in front of me I can only speculate regarding the issue and solution.

Here are some of the potential causes:
  • The spring I mentioned is not properly installed on the trigger shuttle or is broken
  • The connectors of the trigger are too tight holding the shuttle in place
  • The trigger spring is not properly installed
  • Something is not properly seated withing the gearbox and stopping the trigger from resetting e.g., the wire harness.
Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Please let us know what you end up finding.

#9 Khaleb14

Khaleb14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

View Postgcw360, on 18 November 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Please let us know what you end up finding.
By this weekend I'll have something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users