Jump to content


Mags


  • Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 DRK

DRK

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NY
  • Interests:airsoft, filmography
  • Country:

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

View PostTrevytrev, on 20 August 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

and also yeah 30 rounds is nice till aegs guys have 600 rounds to shoot at you

our local field doesn't allow hicaps most games. those that do use them, are extra loud. either way they are obvious or waste more ammo then necessary. i would imagine any polymer style magazine would be possible for the AKG line.

therefore, it would not be outside the realm of possibility to do the quadstack experimental magazine. it would mean a massive reservoir in fuel and 80+ bb's in that mag. i would love to see that.

ya know what would also be cool. as far as the magazine design. think of all the GIM (gas in mag) guns. drop a magazine and that precious feed lip loves to find the nearest rock and crash into it like a meteor.

how about the AKG mag has feed lips. this acts as guards for the entire release area but it would mean a entire redesign for the functionality of the gun.

another thing i would hope would be practical for buyers and kwa was the ability to change the magazine shell color. like skins maybe, combloc airsofters have an erotic love with different 5.45 style mag colors other then black. like when you slide open a m4 hicap mag. just like that to change the color on the AKG mag. sell them in packs of 3's so production numbers can be met more easily. it all depends if AKG mags will come in different colors or not. plum would sell the best, I believe. especially if the color palette were done spot on.

#22 Trevytrev

Trevytrev

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:америка!!!!!
  • Interests:Hm, I wonder what it could be....
  • Country:

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

but if the ak is in a polymer finish then bakelite magazines would not fit  with the rest of the furniture :withstupid:

#23 Trevytrev

Trevytrev

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:америка!!!!!
  • Interests:Hm, I wonder what it could be....
  • Country:

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

View PostDRK, on 20 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

our local field doesn't allow hicaps most games. those that do use them, are extra loud. either way they are obvious or waste more ammo then necessary. i would imagine any polymer style magazine would be possible for the AKG line.

therefore, it would not be outside the realm of possibility to do the quadstack experimental magazine. it would mean a massive reservoir in fuel and 80+ bb's in that mag. i would love to see that.

ya know what would also be cool. as far as the magazine design. think of all the GIM (gas in mag) guns. drop a magazine and that precious feed lip loves to find the nearest rock and crash into it like a meteor.

how about the AKG mag has feed lips. this acts as guards for the entire release area but it would mean a entire redesign for the functionality of the gun.

another thing i would hope would be practical for buyers and kwa was the ability to change the magazine shell color. like skins maybe, combloc airsofters have an erotic love with different 5.45 style mag colors other then black. like when you slide open a m4 hicap mag. just like that to change the color on the AKG mag. sell them in packs of 3's so production numbers can be met more easily. it all depends if AKG mags will come in different colors or not. plum would sell the best, I believe. especially if the color palette were done spot on.

i wiah people arounfd me were more sensible, all hi caps
:gun:  :(

#24 Trevytrev

Trevytrev

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:америка!!!!!
  • Interests:Hm, I wonder what it could be....
  • Country:

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

hey would a 2 ak mags fit in a standard g 36 double mag pouch? if not then where can i find flecktarnan ak pouchs that use the BW suspension webb system?

#25 Acorn Avenger

Acorn Avenger

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft, chilling with friends, drawing, argueing, being sarcastic, moshing
  • Country:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

View PostTrevytrev, on 22 August 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

hey would a 2 ak mags fit in a standard g 36 double mag pouch? if not then where can i find flecktarnan ak pouchs that use the BW suspension webb system?
i have no idea what you just said but condor makes good pouches.
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5062

#26 Trevytrev

Trevytrev

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:америка!!!!!
  • Interests:Hm, I wonder what it could be....
  • Country:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

View PostAcorn Avenger, on 23 August 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

i have no idea what you just said but condor makes good pouches.
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5062
im using a Bundeswehr (german army) webb system similar to ALICE BUT they use g36s in their miitary , so would 2 ak magazines fit in a double g 36 magazine pouch?

AK pouch=g35 pouch??????

if not do you know of a flecktarnan ak pouch that uses th Bundeswehr suspension system

#27 Acorn Avenger

Acorn Avenger

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft, chilling with friends, drawing, argueing, being sarcastic, moshing
  • Country:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

View PostTrevytrev, on 23 August 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

im using a Bundeswehr (german army) webb system similar to ALICE BUT they use g36s in their miitary , so would 2 ak magazines fit in a double g 36 magazine pouch?

AK pouch=g35 pouch??????

if not do you know of a flecktarnan ak pouch that uses th Bundeswehr suspension system
I THINK AK mags are to big for G36 mag poches

Edited by Acorn Avenger, 23 August 2011 - 02:54 PM.


#28 DRK

DRK

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NY
  • Interests:airsoft, filmography
  • Country:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

can we talk about KWA now?

#29 Trevytrev

Trevytrev

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:америка!!!!!
  • Interests:Hm, I wonder what it could be....
  • Country:

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

View PostDRK, on 23 August 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

can we talk about KWA now?
its kwa related kind of

#30 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

I'm really pondering a concept of a "quadstack" magazine. The angle would have to be so precise, and the bbs so clean for them to roll through the magazine and cycle smoothly. if not, that means a less reliable and much slower fully automatic firing mode. The gun may even cycle but not load a bb because the mag follower is too slow to get a new bb into place, meaning it will blank fire. Plus the gas reservoir isn't the entire mag if I am correct, it is a cylindrical tube that houses the gas from the feeding nipple right to the gas release valve. (I could be mistaken though) That means I'm sure there wouldn't be enough gas to blow through all those rounds on full auto. (Once again i could be mistaken) Skins are too expensive to just make the parts change color. If you want to change the color, use paint and a paint brush. or an paint canister that can spray it on. As far as a know, the AKG has feeding lips for cosmetics and the gas release valve is hidden inside the gun... VERY INGENIOUS KWA!! My only problem is, how are we going to load it if we don't have a speed loader handy for example? Will there be a bb follower that locks into place like the other GBBS? or will you have push the rounds down using a speed loader and hope for the best that you fed in 30 rounds... back to the quad stack. If the magazine currently in its prototype phase holds 39 rounds, and thats double stack, the imaginary quadstack mag would hold about 75-78. Still, this quad mag would never make it to the market for its unreliability.
ANYWAY, I am still looking forward to the AKG and I'm sure KWA is doing their very best to make all our dreams come true. The project and the product are in goods hands. :gun:

#31 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

    I Break GUNS!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Irvine, CA
  • Country:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

You still can load the speed loader with any speed loader or by hand if your patient. If you mean to have a follower like in the piston mags, that would make the mag look unrealistic, and make the bb's susceptible to dirt from outside to get inside the magazine and AK.

#32 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 12 September 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

You still can load the speed loader with any speed loader or by hand if your patient. If you mean to have a follower like in the piston mags, that would make the mag look unrealistic, and make the bb's susceptible to dirt from outside to get inside the magazine and AK.

But let's sayI'm out in the field, have no speed loader then what? Do I load a bb, push it down and try to fit another one in? Meaning I'm screwed if my speed loader breaks. hahaha

#33 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

I always carry two to three speed loaders on me.

#34 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

    I Break GUNS!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Irvine, CA
  • Country:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 12 September 2011 - 03:42 PM, said:


But let's sayI'm out in the field, have no speed loader then what? Do I load a bb, push it down and try to fit another one in? Meaning I'm screwed if my speed loader breaks. hahaha

Without a speed loader, yes you load a bb one at time by pushing each in, in a double stacked manner. I mean, how else do people load real bullets into real steel mags by hand, one at a time, when they don't have a speed loader either...

Besides, loading bb's one at a time with your bare hands brings milsim to a whole new level. Right!? :rolf2:

#35 DRK

DRK

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NY
  • Interests:airsoft, filmography
  • Country:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

get a KWA speed loader. you should of had one by now if you didn't. get 2 just in case.

outlaw. painting mags is something combloc airsofters only do to paint on a number. not changing the color of the magazine. if KWA did a spot on plum or bakelite color palette mags. the red alliance forum would be all over that. i figured if sold as skins. helps with profit especially sold in packs. a lot of combloc airsofters don't like the black magazines.

#36 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

I have used KWA speed loaders in the past. Two of them broke on me, and I am a very gentle guy. (Did that come out wrong?) :rolf2:  So I've resorted to the old fashioned UTG 90 round speed loaders. The skins are not a bad idea, but to me it is like gravy: It's nice to have but isn't necessary.

#37 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

Really... what broke on the speed loader?  Do you have pictures?

#38 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

Well, I didn't break them, my friend wasn't being gentle... and I returned them so unfortunately no pics, but basically when the bbs came down into the space where the rod pushes them into the mag, the bbs didn't go in, they were jammed, and it broke a piece of plastic that helped direct the bbs to the rod that plunges the bbs in. To make a long story short, DON'T PUSH ON THE PLUNGER CAP thing TOO HARD. YOU WILL BREAK THE PLASTIC INSIDE... I'm glad you care though allizard! It always makes me feel warm inside that I know my favorite airsoft company cares! =)

#39 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 14 September 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

It always makes me feel warm inside that I know my favorite airsoft company cares! =)

We could have taken care of it under warranty. ;)

#40 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

I never knew KWA had a 45 day warranty for their speed loaders too!! Golly!! :jump:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users