• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 skeeterjay

skeeterjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

I just bought the atp pistol, and so far really like it. The only thing I got going is that its firing too hot for the range im using it in and for the age of some of the players in the group.  Is there any way of slowing down the fps a little?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your ATP.  What are you chronoing at and what is the FPS limit?

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

Sorry I only know of ways to increase FPS. :P

But on a serious note you can try short stroking the recoil spring guide to a degree that will lower FPS.  But keep in mind that this may not only void warranty (if other problems arise from this mod) but your slide may not lock back when mag is empty.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

What I was thinking is that you could try a new flute valve like this: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=8342

It should significantly reduce FPS (around 50 FPS)

Here is a thread from someone that put it in their M9: http://kwausa.com/fo...h=1

and here's a thread where several aftermarket valves were test in the MP9: http://kwausa.com/fo...h=1

#5 KWAnOOb

KWAnOOb

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

How do you increase the fps of the ATP? And what's the most you think you can make it?

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

View PostKWAnOOb, on 22 November 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

How do you increase the fps of the ATP? And what's the most you think you can make it?

The easiest way to increase fps would be to change out the release valve on the mag to a high flow one. I changed mine to a high flow hurricane one you find in kwa proshop and it gave me a 20fps boost. The ATP was shooting at around 320 before and  now I am at around 340-350 depending on temp.

There are a couple of other little tricks but can be time consuming and the results may not be worth the trouble.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users