82 replies to this topic

#1 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

has anybody got one of these or plan on getting one looks like it will give me the recoil im looking for, but cant find anybody who has wrote a review on it. somebody commented on a video that it might use more gas but is that possible if only so much gas is released from the mag each time

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

I believe aaps59 wants to get one for his future LM4. I don't know how it would use more gas, considering the same (or near the same) amount of gas is released each time the valve knocker hits the gas release valve... For proper functioning, since it is a heavy buffer, you will need more gas directed rearwards to ensure the functionality of the bolt cycling flawlessly. We won't know if it works reliably without an upgraded gas release valve until someone is the guinea pig and tries it for themselves... you could be that guinea pig... :)

#3 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Ill probably be that guinea pig lol...only problem I can possibly see is the lower receiver breaking where buffer spring screws into reciever..but the lm4 recever looks to be reinforced..more so then we or g&p..I would really like to try this..maybe ill buy one later this week..

#4 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

I ordered the angry gun recoil kit..should be here by this weekend..I hope it fits in the LM4 receiver extension..and I hope I get that awesomer recoil as shown in that ehobby video. Ill let y'all know..

#5 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

sweet

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

I bought one as well, we'll see who gets theirs first!

#7 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

View Postaaps59, on 06 June 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

I bought one as well, we'll see who gets theirs first!

Gave in and bought the standard LM4?

#8 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

View Postakiraspeedstar, on 07 June 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

Gave in and bought the standard LM4?
Haha! I guess I'm one of the few waiting for the PTS on the forums that was originally going to get one. Oh well, I hope it's worth the wait.

#9 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, sorry. I just felt like I wouldn't like the feel of the Magpul receiver, and id end up replacing all my Magpul parts. I already received the Magpul parts to change on the LM4, Il be getting the LM4 tomorrow. Its at my other place, UPS delivered it today! 4 Mags too

#10 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postaaps59, on 07 June 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Yeah, sorry. I just felt like I wouldn't like the feel of the Magpul receiver, and id end up replacing all my Magpul parts. I already received the Magpul parts to change on the LM4, Il be getting the LM4 tomorrow. Its at my other place, UPS delivered it today! 4 Mags too

Yeah I'm actually going to buy a standard model as well when I get to Oregon. For everyone buying that recoil kit I can't wait to see how it goes. If all goes well I'll order myself a kit as well.

#11 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

View Postakiraspeedstar, on 07 June 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Yeah I'm actually going to buy a standard model as well when I get to Oregon. For everyone buying that recoil kit I can't wait to see how it goes. If all goes well I'll order myself a kit as well.

Hope you have a solid move. I don't see why this mod shouldn't work, oh well, we'll see. I don't know how fast ehobby is with getting stuff here though.

#12 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Just ordered mine yesterday.  :)

#13 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

This kit wore out my bolt after the second mag..where the bolt catch engages the bolt it got wore down..so I had to resurface the bolt area and square it off so the bolt engages now. For the video I removed part #228 out of the mag so I wouldn't wear out the bolt. But I'm going to try and figure out a way to make it work with it. As for the recoil kit it dropped right in and works great..does what its suppose to do. The recoil is insane. If I can't figure out how to make it work with the bolt catch I jus might take part #228 out of all 10 mags I have haha. I did notice it uses a tad bit more gas..not too much tho..I tried it in a WE m4 and it wasted gas like crazy.

#14 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Damn that recoil is nice, though it sucks to hear abour the bolt issues. Hopefully you or someone else (maybe even angry gun) will figure something out.

#15 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

It maybe the new much heavier buffer that is causing the excessive wear on the bolt. I wonder what would happen if you use the stock buffer with the heavier spring?

#16 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

Its depressing that it causes this extra wear on those parts, but to be honest, I was expecting it lol. Also, how'd you get yours so quickly?

#17 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

I ordered mine from ehobby..and I always get express shipping..I can't stand waiting for things to get shipped to me..and the buffer in this kit is super heavy..the spring is super weak..so swapping spring with buffer wouldn't do any good..and for this kit to work a weaker buffer spring is what let's that heavy buffer recoil back with little resistance..and the spring on the end of the buffer is what gives you that felt recoil and also sends the buffer and bolt back forward. I put it in my we m4 and it sheared the screw off that holds the roller on top of the bolt (open bolt) don't know how that happened but the angry gun kit is now back in its original packaging due to fear of it breaking more things/guns..I. really want too use it tho because the recoil is so freakin amazing! Btw is kwa offering replacement parts for sale yet for the LM4? Like bolts ,nozzles,bolt catch, etc? Until then this kit is staying out of my LM4

#18 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

Angrygun "we make amazing products, that break your gun"

Their power up suppressor recently broke my mp7, it pushed my oem inner barrel back about 2-3mm. It not only damaged the barrel but also damaged the clip that holds the barrel. I put some jb weld onto the clip and sanded it down to return it to its natural shape and also put in a PDI barrel. I will say that before it damaged my gun it performed really well, I guess just like the recoil kit. Alsp sucks that I was trying to sell that power up suppressor before that even happened, when no one bought it I kept using and yup.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 10 June 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#19 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

Glad to know about the angry gun kit for mp7, sorry too hear it messed up your gun.I was actually thinking of picking one of those kits up for the mp7.. just couldn't get over the fact that I'm joining two inner barrels together..anyways..back to topic lol..yea I think I am going to keep this thing out of my LM4 permanently..ill use the buffer for a really cool paper weight.

#20 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Im really upset that this thing is causing these issues lol. Im going to want to put it in my gun so bad, but Il be too afraid. Maybe il put it in Outlaw's LM4...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users