• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Alan

Alan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Soccer, Games, Tennis.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hey guys i was looking today on ASGI and it says now KWA ATP VER 2. I wanted to know what has changed if the performance is now better, anything inside changed? (all i noticed were the letters in black)

And also i wanted to know what will be the difference between the regular ATP and ATP AUTO? like on the outside... if will be the same dimensions and if it will fit serpa holsters etc...

thank you in advance!

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostAlan, on 28 April 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Hey guys i was looking today on ASGI and it says now KWA ATP VER 2. I wanted to know what has changed if the performance is now better, anything inside changed? (all i noticed were the letters in black)

And also i wanted to know what will be the difference between the regular ATP and ATP AUTO? like on the outside... if will be the same dimensions and if it will fit serpa holsters etc...

thank you in advance!
Version 2 basically means the current generation of ATP (plus the enhancement at the end of this list): new orange tip at the end of the barrel, dual trigger safety, and most importantly: Laser etched trademarks. (No more white trademarks.)

The difference between the ATP and the ATP auto is that the ATP shoots semi auto, and the ATP has a firing selector on the top of the slide on the left side that can switch firing modes from semi, safe, and full auto. Other than internally being different, the external dimensions are the same I believe, and would fit into the same holsters. From what I understand all ATPs are able to fit inside serpa holsters made for the glock.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 28 April 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#3 Alan

Alan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Soccer, Games, Tennis.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

thank you very much! so what does it mean on the  "dual trigger safety" on the new ATP version 2? its that better? because on my local store there will b the regular first ATP and the ATP ver 2 and I'm deciding on which on to get.. or wait for the ATP AUTO?

if id have to wait until like november /december for the atp auto ill just get the regular atp..

thank you very much guys

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

The ATP version two is the updated ATP. Its pretty much the same ATP, but with this one, most of the problems that the 1st ATP may have had, have been taken care of with this update.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

At this point, no one knows exactly when the ATP Auto is coming out, but I don't think it will be out in the very near future. So, like aaps said, the 2nd version has addressed and fixed the problems the 1st generation had. I suggest going with the 2nd version of the ATP.

The dual trigger safety is basically a trigger on a trigger. (trigception if you get the joke) The trigger on the trigger must be depressed in order to pull the main trigger. It works as a safety just like you must depress the grip safety on 1911 guns in order to pull the trigger. It is just an added safety.

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 28 April 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

At this point, no one knows exactly when the ATP Auto is coming out, but I don't think it will be out in the very near future. So, like aaps said, the 2nd version has addressed and fixed the problems the 1st generation had. I suggest going with the 2nd version of the ATP.
I actually heard from a retailer that they had some ATP auto's on order... Im not sure how much I would trust this information, but you never know!

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

First, let me point out that everyone above has done a fine job of outlining the changes with the ATP since launch.  Not to cloud the issue and make things more complicated, the ATP has actually gone through three stages at this point.

1. Launch
  • No trigger safety
  • Polymer spring guide (easily replaced)
  • Standard white trades
  • Threaded plastic orange tip - (note: The ATP is not designed for a can on the end so the tip was primarily cosmetic)
2. Second shipment/first revision
  • Integrated trigger safety
  • Metal spring guide
  • Standard white trades
  • Smooth orange tip (cosmetically superior to the original design)
3. Third shipment/second revision
  • All of the features of the second shipment with the addition of "subdued trades" meaning they are no longer bright white.  This is a feature you will see on future KWA guns
Now, there have been internal tweaks to fine tune performance and reliability which I have not outlined.  This is a hallmark of KWA, as a line of guns matures it is continually fine tuned and improved upon.

I hope this helps.

#8 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

tbh. the atp auto will dump to much gas to be very combat efficient. the atp is your best bet

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

View Postoptimuskmg, on 30 April 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

tbh. the atp auto will dump to much gas to be very combat efficient. the atp is your best bet
Not necessarily... we don't know how much gas it will 'dump', since we don't have it in our hands! :D

#10 drpepper

drpepper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

Is a first generation ATP worth getting fixed (trigger will not reset after first shot), or should one take a leap of faith that the latest ATP release is the way to go?  I really liked my ATP for the short time it worked.  Great tool for training for 3 gun, IPSC, weak hand, etc.  Weight and feel does give a fair representation of the real thing.   The price for BBs and gas sure beats the current price for 9mm ammo.

My concern is a fixed first generation will just go bad again.  Would one be better off just dumping money on a new generation ATP then dumping money on repairs on an first generation ATP?

Edited by drpepper, 10 July 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#11 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

I would suggest sending it in to us for repair so our service center can update your first gen to the latest build. Cost will be nominal compared to a new ATP.  PM our Customer Service Manager "xKingSizex" for details.

#12 Overlord

Overlord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft of course

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Does anyone know if Evike has the newest version of the ATP because on their site it has the 1st ATP

#13 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:43 AM

I can't confirm that for you, the only true way to confirm is it to give them a call. But since the newest ATP has been on sale for quite a while, and I'm sure Evike gets things out very quickly, I would assume they have the newest one.

#14 Overlord

Overlord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft of course

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

Alright thanks, I'm going to evike Saturday

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users