• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

So I superglued my back sights because they were sliding off and I spray painted parts of the slide black to cover up scratches.
Will those void my warranty?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

I don't believe that will necessarily void your warranty unless the spray painting in itself causes some malfunction due to excessive over-spray. But if it was just a light touch up, I wouldn't worry about it.

#3 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:23 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 16 October 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

I don't believe that will necessarily void your warranty unless the spray painting in itself causes some malfunction due to excessive over-spray. But if it was just a light touch up, I wouldn't worry about it.

Okay good, because the problem is that gas will shoot out the barrel which happened before I spray-painted/glued the sights.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

Could you elaborate a bit regarding whether on not you have an problem with the gun and what exactly it is?

#5 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

View Postgcw360, on 17 October 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

Could you elaborate a bit regarding whether on not you have an problem with the gun and what exactly it is?

The gun will fire a couple shots then gas will vent out the barrel.
I want to exchange the slide atleast because I scratched it up a bit, but unfortunately they arent selling replacement slides.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

Try lubricating the hammer and transfer bar assembly.  Work in the silicone really well and see if that helps your shooting situation.  Can you post a picture of the damage?  Maybe we can walk you through a way to re-touch the finish?

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Have you tried oiling the hammer/firing assembly along with the trigger bar?  It may fix your problem.

#8 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

View Postgcw360, on 17 October 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

Try lubricating the hammer and transfer bar assembly.  Work in the silicone really well and see if that helps your shooting situation.  Can you post a picture of the damage?  Maybe we can walk you through a way to re-touch the finish?

I lubed the gun and the problem still occurs, for the finish, ill just get my friend to spray paint it a different color.
Another problem occurred which was that its very hard to pull back and the slide doesn't go all the way forward and the slide doesn't come off.
The warranty said KWA would replace the gun at its option, correct? Well I hope they do so, because the gun is full of problems.

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

Look at the service advisory for your slide problem.  I think you have a loose impact bumper.
And I have no idea whether KWA will replace it.  All decisions are made on an individual basis so it would really be up to the tech dept at KWA.

#10 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 17 October 2011 - 02:04 PM, said:

Look at the service advisory for your slide problem.  I think you have a loose impact bumper.
And I have no idea whether KWA will replace it.  All decisions are made on an individual basis so it would really be up to the tech dept at KWA.

I checked that and I fixed it right when I got the gun, so I don't think that's the problem, ATM I have these problems:

1. Hard to cock gun and slide does not go all the way forward/does not come off gun.
2. When shooting, after a few shots are fired, the gun will shoot out all the gas out the barrel. (May require rapid shooting to replicate problem)
3. Sometimes requires to be cocked twice before firing.
4. Back sights are misaligned.

I hope the techs will make it their decision to just replace it.
I don't want it coming back just to have to send it back for more repairs.

EDIT: Also, I purchased a propane adapter along with my ATP, so it shows on the receipt.
          I used some green gas I had lying around and no propane. Will they assume I used propane just because I bought an adapter with it?
          Just wondering, how do they tell if propane went through the gun?

Edited by Vorter, 17 October 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#11 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

View PostVorter, on 17 October 2011 - 02:07 PM, said:

I checked that and I fixed it right when I got the gun, so I don't think that's the problem, ATM I have these problems:

1. Hard to cock gun and slide does not go all the way forward/does not come off gun.
2. When shooting, after a few shots are fired, the gun will shoot out all the gas out the barrel. (May require rapid shooting to replicate problem)
3. Sometimes requires to be cocked twice before firing.
4. Back sights are misaligned.

I hope the techs will make it their decision to just replace it.
I don't want it coming back just to have to send it back for more repairs.

EDIT: Also, I purchased a propane adapter along with my ATP, so it shows on the receipt.
  I used some green gas I had lying around and no propane. Will they assume I used propane just because I bought an adapter with it?
  Just wondering, how do they tell if propane went through the gun?

The problems you have described can all be fixed by readjusting the trigger bar but it's not something that you can do yourself.  So definitely send it in.
As far as determining propane use is concerned, I really don't know how or what they do to tell.  But one thing for sure is that propane makes your gun cycle so hard that it can start breaking parts.  So if this is determined to be the case I really don't know what else to tell you since I don't work in that department. So it's best to ask and let them know that you did not use propane if you really didn't.

#12 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

We can smell the propane from a mile away when we open the box, that's how we know. The issues you're having will be a normal fix for the Service Center and the item won't need to be replaced since it can be repaired. You said the sights are misaligned, but didn't you say that YOU glued them in? We can try to loosen and fix that for you. What type of glue did you use? This will be helpful when trying to break it free if needed.
We will get it taken care of for you for sure, but as Niko also said, if the spray paint has affected anything...then it won't be covered. Did you remove the slide before painting it? Why didn't you send it to us before painting it if you knew you were having issues?

#13 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 18 October 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

We can smell the propane from a mile away when we open the box, that's how we know. The issues you're having will be a normal fix for the Service Center and the item won't need to be replaced since it can be repaired. You said the sights are misaligned, but didn't you say that YOU glued them in? We can try to loosen and fix that for you. What type of glue did you use? This will be helpful when trying to break it free if needed.
We will get it taken care of for you for sure, but as Niko also said, if the spray paint has affected anything...then it won't be covered. Did you remove the slide before painting it? Why didn't you send it to us before painting it if you knew you were having issues?

I used superglue.
I did remove the slide before painting and I painted it because there were scratches.

#14 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

Hmmmm, super glue gets it's name for a very good reason.  Is the rear sight so far off that it is useless?

#15 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

View Postgcw360, on 18 October 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

Hmmmm, super glue gets it's name for a very good reason.  Is the rear sight so far off that it is useless?

Nope, about a cm.

#16 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

A cm or a mm? A cm would have the sight hanging off the side.  A mm isn't so bad.

#17 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

View Postgcw360, on 18 October 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

A cm or a mm? A cm would have the sight hanging off the side.  A mm isn't so bad.

Oh, yeah just a few mm.
Sorry about that.

#18 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

A few mm might be fixable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warranty, atp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users