Zulu88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:airsoft(ofcourse),
    surfing,sports,
    shooting

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

Ok everyone me wanting to know as much as i can from Shot Show 2012 about the KWA Kriss led me to watch this video from evike.com(link at bottom) and he said at 1:10 that it uses the ATP style magazines so if people at KWA, or others that have gathered enough info. could confirm this that would be great for my knowledge and others as well.

#2 la999

la999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:55 AM

Also, can a mod confirm whether or not the extended mags for the FPG is compatible with the Super V?

Edited by la999, 18 January 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:51 AM

The magazines used in the Kriss Vector is NOT compatible with the 18C style magazines used in the ATP and FPG. The Kriss Vector uses a G21-sized magazine that is larger than the M17/M18C/M19/M23 style magazines used in the ATP and FPG.

However, last tested by Allen in the video, the Kriss Vector magazine stored 70 rounds in the extended magazine.

#4 Solscud007

Solscud007

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

Very cool. These guys really mimiced the Kriss. Odd that the selector switch is of the older style.

See my video below. The Kriss SMG safety is a dot and the position of the switch is different.

#5 Paul202

Paul202

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

Does anyone know if this will already come with the extended magazine, or will that be an extra accessory you can buy?

#6 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

70 rnds! LOL

#7 Zulu88

Zulu88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:airsoft(ofcourse),
    surfing,sports,
    shooting

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

thanks greatwatermelon

#8 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Paul202, on 18 January 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Does anyone know if this will already come with the extended magazine, or will that be an extra accessory you can buy?

There's no information on what magazines the KWA Kriss will include. However, KWA always has those magazines available for purchase soon after a release.

#9 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:GEAR

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Solscud007, on 18 January 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

Very cool. These guys really mimiced the Kriss. Odd that the selector switch is of the older style.

See my video below. The Kriss SMG safety is a dot and the position of the switch is different.

From comparing the pictures of the Vector on both KWA's and KRISS' websites, the safety looks the same?  I couldn't really see what you were talking about in the video.

If the production version holds seventy rounds, then hot damn!

Edited by Lizzard, 01 February 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#10 Solscud007

Solscud007

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Ok. The Vector has under gone mold changes. My and older vectors have a F&S safety selector. Also the position of the switch is parallel or perpendicular to the ground. Newer Vectors use a simple red dot. In safe the red dot is covered.

Here is a pic of the new
http://www.thefirear.../12/safety1.jpg

Here is a picture of mine, the old.
http://www.facebook....7&type=1&ref=nf

Also on the old vectors, the ".45 acp" markings are on the upper receiver near the fire control group. New Vectors have relocated this to the lower receiver right above the "V" logo.

Above the side rails the old vectors say KRISS SUPER V, VECTOR CRB/SO. Now they say KRISS VECTOR.

Edited by Solscud007, 05 February 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#11 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

Ah okay.  I guess KRISS has just kept the older pics on their website.

On a side note, I love what you did with your AFG there, how do you like it?  I might just have to do that when I get KWA's Vector.

#12 Solscud007

Solscud007

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

I freaking love it. I spent 5 years of my decade long Airsoft career using Vert grips. But when Magpul came on scene, the AFG makes sense.

I came up with the "Hammer" example. Hold a hammer by the grip. Have someone grab the head and move it around, try to stop the movement with your hand. Now try again by choking up on the handle. Grab the handle under the head. Much easier to control those movements.

Same goes for the KRISS. If I could I would grab the fake suppressor to control my Vector. But the shroud touches the barrel so I can't do that.

#13 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Oh I already know the wonders of the AFG, I'm a very big fan of it.  Just wondering how that setup performs on your Vector.  I think it looks cool as well, which, of course, is important! B)

#14 Solscud007

Solscud007

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

It is quite comfy. It bridges the gap between the frontstrap of the magwell and the flat lower rail. Also it fits perfectly, when you chop it down haha.

#15 Grady the Scot

Grady the Scot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

I commend KWA for making the gun as close to it's real steel counterpart as possible, but I think it is a bad idea not to take advantage of cross compatibility.  If I knew that the ATP and KRISS could swap mags I would kiss you and throw money at you simultaneously, but hearing that I cannot use ATP mags is a real bummer.  I don't know if there will be a fix for this, ATP .45, although I've read somewhere that the original company holds some kind of trademark on the frame for their .45 version, wasn't that the reason for the ATP instead of the M-series in the first place?  Please reconsider KWA and give me a little cross compatibility!  Can't I have my cake and eat it too :(

#16 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

The MP7 and MP9, and MAC-11 are not cross-compatible with any of KWA's pistols, why should the Vector?  I don't really understand why there was an assumption that the Vector would use KWA/ATP magazines.  The Vector uses G21 magazines.  KWA does not make a G21 or any analog of it.

#17 Oceanpelt

Oceanpelt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

To go with realism, tactical advantages and convenience (for the shooter),  it would be great if the kriss's mags could go with a handgun, preferrably the g21. However due to copyright issues with Glock, the actual frame design can't be used. That's why, as an alternative, perhaps an ATP .45 could be designed, so that shooters can go with that.
However with so many projects on the way, I doubt an ATP .45 would come in the near future, let alone with the kriss.

#18 Oceanpelt

Oceanpelt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

Lizzard, on 15 February 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

The MP7 and MP9, and MAC-11 are not cross-compatible with any of KWA's pistols, why should the Vector?  I don't really understand why there was an assumption that the Vector would use KWA/ATP magazines.  The Vector uses G21 magazines.  KWA does not make a G21 or any analog of it.
The Fpg uses M18 mags, both in airsoft and in real life. The Kriss uses g21 mags. So it's actual realism.

#19 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Some considerations:
Make a ".45" ATP series or swallow the stitch-counting "realism" of having a magazine be a few mms off of the real steel for the sake of conveniencing your consumer base.

If a slight dimentional difference in the magazine throws you off, then why not the bright white "KWA" and "6mm" stamped on the side?

Lizzard, on 15 February 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

The MP7 and MP9, and MAC-11 are not cross-compatible with any of KWA's pistols,

Strawman, the MP7, MP9 and M11 don't utilize the same magazine of an established pistol, unlike the Kriss.

To be honest, when I learned the Kriss would be using proprietary magazines, it was a big let-down for me. So much so it has made me reconsider planning to purchase the Kriss, as mags are expensive as it is and having to buy a whole new set just kills it.

Edited by Grindstone, 15 February 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#20 Solscud007

Solscud007

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Grindstone, it pays to play. My real steel mags only hold 13 rds and brand new cost up to $40. Tack on another $35 for the KRISS Magex extension to make it a full 30 rds in the KRISS Vector.

Now given the fact that I live in a state that has Mag cap laws I have to use pre-ban mags to legally use my extension. So the $40 mag now doubles in price to get the pre-ban versions.

You want to play you have to pay. Save up and buy a couple mags.

Edited by Solscud007, 20 February 2012 - 05:52 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KWA, Kriss, Vector, magazines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users