• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jacob Ryser

Jacob Ryser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

A few months ago I pulled apart the bolt assembly on my KMP9 to find my cylinder cracked and cylinder return springs smashed. After ordering new parts, I had to make a second order due to the fact that the seal in my GBB (The older green main seal) would not fit in the new cylinder. I'd like to avoid that scenario this time around :blinded: . My KMP9 now stopped firing a few days ago, and after searching these forums for quite some time I now have it completely stripped down and have found the hammer axle to have snapped.

My question is, are there any other parts I should know about that will have problems fitting? I'm ordering a new hammer (Part #26) and cylinder clip (Part #90). My GBB is the older version with the built in vertical foregrip, which originally had a green main seal (Part #129) and thinner walls on the cylinder (Part #10).

Also. This thing has a few miles on it- at least 10,000 rounds from myself and probably another 10,000 from the guy who owned it before me. I love it to death and would like to keep it in top shape, are there any other parts I should think about replacing while I'm at it? I figured I'd try posting here on the forums first in hopes of helping anyone else who may have similar questions.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostJacob Ryser, on 28 November 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

A few months ago I pulled apart the bolt assembly on my KMP9 to find my cylinder cracked and cylinder return springs smashed. After ordering new parts, I had to make a second order due to the fact that the seal in my GBB (The older green main seal) would not fit in the new cylinder. I'd like to avoid that scenario this time around :blinded: . My KMP9 now stopped firing a few days ago, and after searching these forums for quite some time I now have it completely stripped down and have found the hammer axle to have snapped.

My question is, are there any other parts I should know about that will have problems fitting? I'm ordering a new hammer (Part #26) and cylinder clip (Part #90). My GBB is the older version with the built in vertical foregrip, which originally had a green main seal (Part #129) and thinner walls on the cylinder (Part #10).

Also. This thing has a few miles on it- at least 10,000 rounds from myself and probably another 10,000 from the guy who owned it before me. I love it to death and would like to keep it in top shape, are there any other parts I should think about replacing while I'm at it? I figured I'd try posting here on the forums first in hopes of helping anyone else who may have similar questions.
Hi Jacob- Welcome to the KWA Forums.  The change in the cylinder size from 15mm to 14mm is the only substantial change that should affect your repair.  While you are in there I would change the bucking and perhaps consider replacing the disconnector.  Other than that, look for parts that appear to be worn.  What you might consider is calling KWA and speaking to one of their techs to see if there are any other parts you should think about replacing.

Hope this helps.

#3 Jacob Ryser

Jacob Ryser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

I actually already bought an Angel Custom V bucking to try out, but I'm also going to get a new KWA bucking just in case. The disconnector is worn down to the silver metal underneath in a few spots and has a small deformity in one spot. Would posting a picture of it possibly help you to tell me whether you think it should be replaced or not?
Thank you for the welcome and for your very speedy reply!

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostJacob Ryser, on 28 November 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

I actually already bought an Angel Custom V bucking to try out, but I'm also going to get a new KWA bucking just in case. The disconnector is worn down to the silver metal underneath in a few spots and has a small deformity in one spot. Would posting a picture of it possibly help you to tell me whether you think it should be replaced or not?
Thank you for the welcome and for your very speedy reply!
My pleasure.  I'm normally of the opinion of "if it ain't broken don't fix it".  But in all honesty, if you are in the gun, can afford the part, and don't mind doing the work, you might as well replace it.  Feel free to post a picture. But most failures of that part are when it cracks an separates so a picture probably won't tell us much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users