• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ConnorDangerRose

ConnorDangerRose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

Just ordered an ATP, I wanted to know if there was any sort of upgrade I could give it without decreasing its gas efficiency or giving it potential cycling problems? Also I was looking into a metal guide rod, but I don't know which one and what the poiny of getting one would be.

On an unrelated note: having trouble with my 2GX hop up for my CQR Mod 1. My friend and I installed R-Hops to fix this problem, but apparently I need a new bucking because something is wrong with mine and its not giving it an air seal. I'm really not too sure (My friend was the one working on it) I just need to know what would be the best hop up bucking I could get?

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Recommend you post a separate note regarding your CQR in the appropriate section.

Combining two unrelated subjects in one thread just confuses folks and fragments the responses.

Metal vs plastic guide rods don't do a thing in real pistols so I can't imagine any benefit in an airsoft pistol.

-- Chuck

#3 ConnorDangerRose

ConnorDangerRose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostChuck S, on 02 December 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Recommend you post a separate note regarding your CQR in the appropriate section.

Combining two unrelated subjects in one thread just confuses folks and fragments the responses.

Metal vs plastic guide rods don't do a thing in real pistols so I can't imagine any benefit in an airsoft pistol.

-- Chuck

Alright thanks man

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Connor, welcome to the forums. If you've ordered a new ATP from an official KWA retailer, chances are likely that you are ordering the most recent version of the ATP with the updated metal guide rod as well as the black, subdued trademarks. Upgrades to your ATP could range from buying a tight bore barrel for a little more accuracy and fps boost, while still maintaining the same gas efficiency, to buying a FPG 49 round magazine. This extended magazine sticks out about 6 inches from the base of your frame.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostChuck S, on 02 December 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

-- Chuck
As Chuck stated, please make a separate post.  Regarding the spring guide, all the latest ATPs have metal guide rods so that shouldn't be an issue.  An upgrade I have, and quite like, is an enhanced spring guide.  It helps to cycle the gun a bit fasted and makes the gun feel a bit "crisper' when cycling.  Here is one: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=903.

You can remove the spring from the rod and put it on the ATP guide rod or simply drop it in.  One this to note is that the slide may short stroke on a cold day or at the end of the mag with this mod.  So, refill the mag before it's almost empty and you should be fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atp, Kwa, Cqr, Mod 1, 2gx, Hop up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users