M9 PTP Tactical broken part

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nightwolf

Nightwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Hunting and Shooting, R/C Jets, Airplanes and Cars, High Powered Rocketry, Amateur Radio, PC Gaming, Golf

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:01 AM

I bought the M9 PTP Tactical back on March 6th of this year, it has been fielded a few times since then and shoots very well.  Last night, we were doing some test firing, when my son stated a piece broke out of the gun.  We removed the piece, then checked functionality and it does continue to fire, but I am not sure what the long term effects will be and would like to get a replacement part.  Since the gun is out of warranty, we could replace it ourselves, but wanted to make note of it here for the technical staff in case this part may need to be reinforced for future releases.

The part is in the upper slide and is listed as part number 28/206 and the piece that broke is the long arm on the right side.  It broke pretty clean at the base of the the unit, leaving us a long stip of lightweight metal about and 1 1/4" long that fell out of the gun.  Due to how clean the break was, I cannot tell the material type from which it is made.  Any sugestions from the KWA staff regarding its functionality and how we can get this part replaced would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Ripkord

Ripkord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

View PostNightwolf, on May 31 2009, 06:01 AM, said:

I bought the M9 PTP Tactical back on March 6th of this year, it has been fielded a few times since then and shoots very well.  Last night, we were doing some test firing, when my son stated a piece broke out of the gun.  We removed the piece, then checked functionality and it does continue to fire, but I am not sure what the long term effects will be and would like to get a replacement part.  Since the gun is out of warranty, we could replace it ourselves, but wanted to make note of it here for the technical staff in case this part may need to be reinforced for future releases.

The part is in the upper slide and is listed as part number 28/206 and the piece that broke is the long arm on the right side.  It broke pretty clean at the base of the the unit, leaving us a long stip of lightweight metal about and 1 1/4" long that fell out of the gun.  Due to how clean the break was, I cannot tell the material type from which it is made.  Any sugestions from the KWA staff regarding its functionality and how we can get this part replaced would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, you're looking at the wrong parts diagram The M9 and the M9 PTP are different guns, and this is the M9 section of the forum.

The reason I know this is because the same part just broke in my gun last friday. The part number you're looking for is #320 or 412. Take a look here:
http://www.kwausa.co...p?showtopic=125

I'm giving KWA a call today to see if I can order the part, so I'll post their response here, if that will help you out.

I'm actually surprised that something broke on my PTP, as I was just talking about how I haven't had any trouble with my PTP after over 5k rounds.

Thats what I get for shooting off my mouth! :lol:

#3 Guest_Box Goblin_*

Guest_Box Goblin_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

View PostNightwolf, on May 31 2009, 07:01 AM, said:

contact allen at KWA.  he take care of it

Edited by Box Goblin, 08 June 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#4 Nightwolf

Nightwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Hunting and Shooting, R/C Jets, Airplanes and Cars, High Powered Rocketry, Amateur Radio, PC Gaming, Golf

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

View PostBox Goblin, on Jun 8 2009, 05:54 PM, said:

contact allen at KWA.  he take care of it

Thank you gentlemen...I will contact them and use the correct part number, thanks to Ripkord.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users