3 replies to this topic

#1 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

I bought a new trigger return spring because my old one broke. I watched videos on how to install a trigger spring on an m9 ptp and my spring seems to be a little different. I ordered the spring from the kwa pro shop and the spring is the exact same as the picture so they didn't send me the wrong spring. It is difficult to install but when I did the spring obviously wasn't installed right as the trigger did not return. Can somebody help (preferably with pictures) me with what the direction of the trigger spring is supposed to be. Installing it seems harder than it should be so I believe I'm doing something wrong.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

I'll probably make a video for you, just give me a day or so. One side should be against the bottom of the frame, while the circle should be on the lower pin, and the other side of the spring should be resting against the upper pin. Trigger transfer bar I believe. Give me a day and I'll either make a pictorial or video. If you can't wait, you can see my disassembly guide. I'll bump it up to the top of the forums for you.

#3 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Acelafan123, on 26 October 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

It is difficult to install but when I did the spring obviously wasn't installed right as the trigger did not return.
Edit: I got it now. The way I had the trigger spring installed that I thought was wrong was actually right. What I didn't do was put on the trigger transfer bar to keep tension on the spring as opposed to having the spring loose not even acting as a spring.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Acelafan123, on 26 October 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Edit: I got it now. The way I had the trigger spring installed that I thought was wrong was actually right. What I didn't do was put on the trigger transfer bar to keep tension on the spring as opposed to having the spring loose not even acting as a spring.
Glad to hear things worked out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users