• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pseudpunko

Pseudpunko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

are the 48 rnd mags the high capacity mags for this unit, or will there be something larger?

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:59 PM

48 is the high capacity, there will be a short mag with lesser capacity in the near future.

#3 Pseudpunko

Pseudpunko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

View PostRadix, on 08 July 2009 - 07:59 PM, said:

48 is the high capacity, there will be a short mag with lesser capacity in the near future.
Thank you for your fast reply. That's cool that there will be an option for a lesser profile mag, I just wonder if 48 that can be released in 3.2 seconds, would be "enough", or effective over having more bb's. I guess, I'm asking, in your opinion, would you think that the ROF could be too fast?

If anybody could say their opinion, I would like to hear it. I suppose for my purpose of this unit, would be a fallback SMG when I have to engage opponents 100ft or closer, this gun would be great, but if I'm investing at least 300 US dollars, or more even for more mags or whatever, I'd like to try and make this gun to be a primary weapon as well, but I'm concerned if I really would need a lot of mags. I know there are a lot of variables with that, like gamestyle and such, but I'm reaching out here. Thanks for the time.

#4 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

View PostPseudpunko, on 09 July 2009 - 08:29 AM, said:

Thank you for your fast reply. That's cool that there will be an option for a lesser profile mag, I just wonder if 48 that can be released in 3.2 seconds, would be "enough", or effective over having more bb's. I guess, I'm asking, in your opinion, would you think that the ROF could be too fast?

If anybody could say their opinion, I would like to hear it. I suppose for my purpose of this unit, would be a fallback SMG when I have to engage opponents 100ft or closer, this gun would be great, but if I'm investing at least 300 US dollars, or more even for more mags or whatever, I'd like to try and make this gun to be a primary weapon as well, but I'm concerned if I really would need a lot of mags. I know there are a lot of variables with that, like gamestyle and such, but I'm reaching out here. Thanks for the time.

What would be "enough" really depends how you play.  Different weapons requires different strategies.  No amount of BBs will be enough if you don't have a sound game plan. ;)

#5 Pseudpunko

Pseudpunko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

View PostRadix, on 09 July 2009 - 10:15 AM, said:

What would be "enough" really depends how you play.  Different weapons requires different strategies.  No amount of BBs will be enough if you don't have a sound game plan. ;)
yes, i mentioned that before. I really intend to use the MP7 as a support weapon for a "sniper" setup for when an enemy comes within my safty buffer. So i most likely will use it for falling back purposes. Let me ask my question in a different way: Would, in anyone's opinion, the MP7 be capable of performing well past CQB ranges? More specifically, would the MP7 be advantageous in both CQB (Non-indoor), to AEG ranges? Thanks for the patience and info.

#6 Jin

Jin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

Well, I can't speak for the KWA MP7 since mine won't arrive for another month and a half or so, but based on my experiences with the Marui MP7 I can say you can definitely skirmish in big woodland games with one successfully. Infact, the most kills I ever got in a regular Open Session type organized skirmish was with my Marui MP7. 13 kills with no deaths in one 10 minute match :D

It's all about tactics really. The Marui MP7 had a maximum range of about 120 feet with 0.25g BBs, so to compensate for the shorter range you just had to know your field well and know how to get in close to the enemy without getting yourself hit along the way. Jump from tree to tree, move behind cover, etc. I'm not saying you have to go all sniper stealth with it, just know your field and know how to get in closer than you usually would to get those kills.

It actually made the game a lot more exciting IMHO. I couldn't just hang back and take long range 180-200ft shots like I would with a regular old 400fps AEG, I actually had to rush in there up close and personal and lay down fire right in the middle of the heat of the action. It made the game much more intense in my experience and I actually got more kills than I ever did with other guns because my play style became much more aggressive and I thought a lot more about tactics than I used to.

So yes, with the right mentality and good tactics you can skirmish in big open woodland scenarios with a small low powered gun like the Marui MP7 easily.

And now on to the KWA MP7... while I don't know much about it yet since I haven't got mine yet, I do know one thing...
380 fps with green gas!
The Marui MP7 was about 250 fps and I skirmished with that just fine. So as long as the KWA MP7 has a good hopup in it you shouldn't suffer much (if any) range loss at all compared to the AEGs you might be used. The only thing that might suffer a bit is accuracy due to the rather short barrel (which is still much longer than most gas pistols and SMGs have). If accuracy goes down a bit all you have to do is fire in 3 to 5 round bursts and chances are at least 1 of the BBs will hit your target.

So yeah, the KWA MP7should be plenty skirmishable in any scenario =)

As far as mags go, just learn to fire in short bursts and I'd suggest getting at least 3 spare mags if you plan to use the gun as a primary weapon. For a long time I skirmished with a KWA Mac-11 as my primary weapon and I always carried 8 spare mags with me, but even when I was heavy on the trigger I almost never went through more than 4 mags in a skirmish. The only time I ever burned through all 8 was in a 45 minute long engagement at a small private game with few players and no time limits.

#7 vietec

vietec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

If you really think about it, 3.2 seconds is still quite a bit of time, sit there, and count it out. Now, that's if you're holding the trigger down non-stop. You should as jin said, fire short bursts and make your get away. A secondary shoudl be just what the name entails, a backup weapon rather than a primary, otherwise, I would say get a ton of mags.

#8 4ss4ssin

4ss4ssin

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

View PostRadix, on 08 July 2009 - 07:59 PM, said:

need a 100 round drum mag that be rape

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users