3 replies to this topic

#1 AdamMF

AdamMF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

Hello,

I had a problem with my M11A1 today (old version). In my attempt to rectify the problem, I accidentally damaged the internal bolt system beyond repair. :blush:

Posted Image

If you can see that bolt (or piston, whatever) you can see that there is nothing sticking out of it. There is supposed to be a smaller diameter tube sticking out which controls the blow back feature and firing the BBs.

I ordered this part:

http://store.kwausa....istonset-1.aspx

But, I have a concern: Does that part come with that internal valve system pre-assembled? Or do I need to order something more and put it together?

Thanks for your replies.

***On a different note, I was cheated into owning this gun. I bought (from ebay) an m11a1 that was advertised as being a used NS2. I knew as soon as I got it that I had been cheated, it was obviously the older version. Today was my first time using the gun, and it was having problems with blowing back into a cocked position, so I started investigating the internals.

I noticed that the bolt on this gun has to be seated properly within this:

http://store.kwausa....gpartslist.aspx

AND REMAIN FULLY SEATED, or else it looks like the gas would not be able to travel down the barrel, only get wasted. However, in my gun the external cylinder was slipping forward on the bolt, causing it to misfire and preventing blowback.

What seemed strange to me was that once I had this taken apart, it looked like the external cylinder MAY have been designed to travel over the bolt (for what reason I don't know). I decided that the travel of the external cylinder over the bolt was a bad thing, and tried to fuse the two together permanently.

Unfortunately, I botched the job and ended up worse than I started. If you're still with me at this point, should the external cylinder be free to travel up and down the bolt randomly?

Thanks again to anyone willing to help me. I love this gun. So much that I think I will buy the NS2 version as well. :gun:

Edited by AdamMF, 18 March 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#2 AdamMF

AdamMF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

Update:

I talked with KWA and it turns out that outer piston I ordered does NOT come with its internals intact. They must be bought separately, but they do not have the parts in stock.

So, I'm looking to find an aftermarket one, or else this gun is totally worthless.

I've been looking but have been thus far unsuccessful, so ANY help would be appreciated.

#3 AdamMF

AdamMF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

Update # 2

I found and bought the HFC replacement part:

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=29597

It was the only place I could find at all that sold the part. RedWolfAirsoft had some stuff, but they were sold out.

I hope this works, and I hope this thread might help someone with a similar problem (any part #43 problem lol).

Thanks to those who would have helped but didn't know the answer, I will let you know if the part works or not as soon as I receive it.

Oh and by the way, I already ordered a M11a1 NS2 (new this time lol) so I can do this: :gun:

#4 dmac27

dmac27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

View PostAdamMF, on 21 March 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Update # 2

I found and bought the HFC replacement part:

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=29597

It was the only place I could find at all that sold the part. RedWolfAirsoft had some stuff, but they were sold out.

I hope this works, and I hope this thread might help someone with a similar problem (any part #43 problem lol).

Thanks to those who would have helped but didn't know the answer, I will let you know if the part works or not as soon as I receive it.

Oh and by the way, I already ordered a M11a1 NS2 (new this time lol) so I can do this: :gun:

Did the part come complete with all the internals?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users