• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roy Chan

Roy Chan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

hey guys i have a gen 1 atp , it has no double trigger so its the old ones , anyways it feeds and shoots with my extended mag that i got around the time i received the gun. Now i went and purchased 2 atp 23rd mags, they arent working as they should. So here are the problems
it shoots 1-3 shots on low gas blowing back a little, even though it has a ton of gas and if i cock it back all the way to shoot again it spews out ALL the gas.
its not feeding probably from the low gas
is there a compatibility problem?
are the mags not working for gen 1 atps?
plz tell me how to fix it

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostRoy Chan, on 02 February 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

hey guys i have a gen 1 atp , it has no double trigger so its the old ones , anyways it feeds and shoots with my extended mag that i got around the time i received the gun. Now i went and purchased 2 atp 23rd mags, they arent working as they should. So here are the problems
it shoots 1-3 shots on low gas blowing back a little, even though it has a ton of gas and if i cock it back all the way to shoot again it spews out ALL the gas.
its not feeding probably from the low gas
is there a compatibility problem?
are the mags not working for gen 1 atps?
plz tell me how to fix it
Normally, what you are describing sounds like an impact/trigger reset bar issue.  However, because you have a mag that works, lets try the following. It could be a release valve problem on the mag.  I would try adding a drop of silicone to the valve, while empty, and work it in.  Then see if the problem is fixed.  If it persists, try pushing up in the bottom of the mag in the gun to see if that helps.

If these don't work I would sent it to KWA for repair, with all the mags.  You can opt to have KWA update the trigger bar and trigger to the later generation integrated trigger safety.  I have the same gun as you and swapped it on mine.  There are pluses and minuses with both triggers but the improved trigger bar (heat treated) is worth any trade offs that occur with the integrated safety IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users