• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 ASMRosy

ASMRosy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

I just added the Hurricane kit to my two ATP's and the results are great. I also transplanted two of the Madbull tight bore barrels (that were from some very old and tired Glock 17's) and I saw about a 35-40 fps difference overall (with the tight bore barrels and the hurricane kits.) The guns were shooting about 270-280 fps before the mods, and around 310-320 afterwards. Both guns are working great.

I did notice, however, with one of the two mags that I put the high flow valves in that I was getting shots more in the 285-290 range... not much better than stock mags. That "bad" mag performed the same in both guns. With the "good" mag, I got 310-320 (with .25's) and with the "bad" mag it was down in the 290 range. I am going to fiddle with it more tomorrow, and try installing the high flow valve on a different mag to see if it makes a difference.

So excellent results with the Hurricane Kit in the ATP's. With the high flow valve in the mags, it is strange that one performs much better than the other... and I double checked that I had in fact installed the high flow and not accidentally re-installed the standard valve in the bad one. Has anyone else seen similar issues?

Edited by ASMRosy, 04 September 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#82 Climbon1432

Climbon1432

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting, dog training and guns.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Asmrosy- thats quite strange with your fps. My ATP stock was like 330-310 fps. I added the hurricane power up kit and in the California sun I get around 350-360 fps. Are you in a cold region? What gas are you using? All of my ATP mags have the high flow valves but I find that each magazine fires slightly harder or softer than the others... Very small difference in fps, but I definitely notice one of my mags fires harder than the others... Check and see if you have a leak by spraying silicone oil on the bottom valve of the magazine, and if any tiny bubbles come up then You have a leak. That's all I can think of.

On a side note I love my ATP with the power up kit. I let people try it out and they are always surprised by the kick and the power... :) love it

#83 logm

logm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Ps3
    Airsofting

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

My atp shoots 350 which is the limit I'm 5 for 6 getting inside with my atp I still have my sr7 though
Any suggestions for guaranteeing that I get in
I've heard that putting a dab if Vaseline in the barrel will do it and then clean it out when your done with the crono

#84 logm

logm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Ps3
    Airsofting

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Postlogm, on 02 October 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

My atp shoots 350 which is the limit I'm 5 for 6 getting inside with my atp I still have my sr7 though
Any suggestions for guaranteeing that I get in
I've heard that putting a dab if Vaseline in the barrel will do it and then clean it out when your done with the crono

I just need to drop 5/10 fps at the door
Do u think I should get a low flow valve

#85 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

I do not, and I mean DO NOT recommend putting anything inside your barrel, especially in hope to attempt to pass chrono. Keep your barrel clean and grime-free at all times. The best way for your gbb to lower its fps from its stock fps is to simply shoot it. Breaking your gun in by shooting it will let the fps settle from 350-360 ish to about 330 ish.

#86 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

You can drop in the DangerWerx Flute Valve...but it will more than likely drop you FPS by a whole lot more than 10FPS.

See here: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=8342

Now, you could offset the drop in FPS by stretching the flute valve spring found in the cylinder.  But it will be trial and error till you get the result you want.

#87 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

I made an insert that threads into the outer barrel with 1/2-20 RH threads and is threaded 14mm ccw for a can.  I also machined a piece of madbull tighbore to get about 1.5 inches more inner barrel.  This jumped the gun up about 30 to 40 fps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Getting 200 feet from it with 0.40's.

#88 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Dobey strikes again!  Nice work as always.

#89 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postdobey, on 05 October 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

I made an insert that threads into the outer barrel with 1/2-20 RH threads and is threaded 14mm ccw for a can.  I also machined a piece of madbull tighbore to get about 1.5 inches more inner barrel.  This jumped the gun up about 30 to 40 fps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Getting 200 feet from it with 0.40's.

Someday I'm taking a trip to the Finger Lakes.....you are a master!

#90 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

Very kool!! Dobey, has the weight from the can on the end affected performance in any way?

#91 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

No but they can if they are too heavy.  This is a shell from the matrix tracer units, they did not work correctly and I got some of these being sold as just the shell.  They are very light and perfect for this application.

#92 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

you are an animal my friend =P

#93 Airsoft Fan

Airsoft Fan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (duh), soccer

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

You should polish the slide Dobey. Mine is polished and it looks great! The trademarks are really dull though :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users