Jump to content


2013 FPG


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Xerpocalypse

Xerpocalypse

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, robotics, filmmaking.
  • Country:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Just out of curiosity, will the FPG differ at all in 2013?  I've noticed that my favorite retailer is no longer listing the FPG as in stock, and the gun is "preorder only" for 01/2013.  Normally I'd think this would be a stocking issue, but I noticed that the MSRP was $310 instead of the $295 I purchased my own for from the same retailer.

Is this due to a possible internals change or merely an economical/stocking issue?

#2 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South-Eastern Kentucky
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.
  • Country:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostXerpocalypse, on 05 January 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

Just out of curiosity, will the FPG differ at all in 2013?  I've noticed that my favorite retailer is no longer listing the FPG as in stock, and the gun is "preorder only" for 01/2013.  Normally I'd think this would be a stocking issue, but I noticed that the MSRP was $310 instead of the $295 I purchased my own for from the same retailer.

Is this due to a possible internals change or merely an economical/stocking issue?
I heard that it got discontinued, might just be a rumor, but who knows?

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

The FPG is no longer listed on KWA's website. That means it's pretty safe to say it has been discontinued.

#4 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Neither is any of the HK stuff. Umarex does HK stuff so its no longer on KWA's site. Magpul PTS is in control of the FPG and future MASADA (!). KWA OEMs it. Im pretty sure it's not on their site cause its an OEM they do, not their own product.

#5 sdk1968

sdk1968

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in the styx!
  • Interests:weaponsguild.com
  • Country:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

was a neat niche' gun...   kinda fun but not really useful other than the wow factor.

#6 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostBENboBEN, on 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Neither is any of the HK stuff. Umarex does HK stuff so its no longer on KWA's site. Magpul PTS is in control of the FPG and future MASADA (!). KWA OEMs it. Im pretty sure it's not on their site cause its an OEM they do, not their own product.
Wait, just found out all of the HK stuff has been discontinued, its safe to say that the FPG is too if its not on the site. Any staff want to pitch in?

#7 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South-Eastern Kentucky
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.
  • Country:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostBENboBEN, on 16 January 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Wait, just found out all of the HK stuff has been discontinued, its safe to say that the FPG is too if its not on the site. Any staff want to pitch in?
No, all the HK stuff is now being distributed by Umarex. The HK products HAVE NOT been discontinued.

#8 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 16 January 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:


No, all the HK stuff is now being distributed by Umarex. The HK products HAVE NOT been discontinued.
They have always been distributed to Umarex, then Umarex does what they want with them.

Straight from watermelon,
"Regrettably, due to reasons beyond KWA's control, KWA no longer distributes H&K licensed products. That is why the G36C, MP7, and HK45 are no longer listed on KWA USA's website."

Umarex makes more money off of springers and not enough off of "expensive" KWAs. Umarex is the only place that holds the liscening. If you dont work through Umarex you can't get trademarks. And starting earlier this month, no un-licensed HK airsoft guns can be sold in the US. If KWA lost their deal with Umarex, the guns can't be sold here anymore, period.  


#9 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South-Eastern Kentucky
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.
  • Country:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostBENboBEN, on 16 January 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

They have always been distributed to Umarex, then Umarex does what they want with them.

Straight from watermelon,
"Regrettably, due to reasons beyond KWA's control, KWA no longer DISTRIBUTES H&K licensed products. That is why the G36C, MP7, and HK45 are no longer listed on KWA USA's website."

Umarex makes more money off of springers and not enough off of "expensive" KWAs. Umarex is the only place that holds the liscening. If you dont work through Umarex you can't get trademarks. And starting earlier this month, no un-licensed HK airsoft guns can be sold in the US. If KWA lost their deal with Umarex, the guns can't be sold here anymore, period.  


#10 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Outlaw has asked the Helpdesk and they CONFIRMED that KWA is done. No more HK guns or even magazines. However, customer service will still exist, but they cannot make anything new that resembles an HK product. They can service existing stuff but thats it. End of story, good night.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

HK GGBs, FPG, G36C....done.  Mags will be available through Umarex for the HK models.

#12 Conner Brenner

Conner Brenner

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postgcw360, on 18 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

HK GGBs, FPG, G36C....done.  Mags will be available through Umarex for the HK models.

I am presuming that the mags through Umarex will be OEM by KWA, correct?

#13 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostConner Brenner, on 22 January 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

I am presuming that the mags through Umarex will be OEM by KWA, correct?
Yes.

#14 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Au contraire ....  


FPG is still being push out by PTS.  It's just that KWA won't be carrying them in US.  If you need parts and support please contact them directly.  

http://www.magpul-pts.com/contact.html

#15 Xerpocalypse

Xerpocalypse

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, robotics, filmmaking.
  • Country:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostAllizard, on 28 January 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Au contraire ....  


FPG is still being push out by PTS.  It's just that KWA won't be carrying them in US.  If you need parts and support please contact them directly.  

http://www.magpul-pts.com/contact.html

Thanks for the info!
That would explain why PTS just released new "special edition" white and pink FPG's.

My FPG's cylinder sheared in half a few weeks ago, but I have a replacement one (ATP) coming soon.
I assume magazines will still be available still since they're essentially ATP mags?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users