• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sopwyin54

sopwyin54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I'm just going to post this here for anyone looking to buy this gun, as I wouldn't recommend it. I've had this gun for three days, and the magazine already broke in two ways. I've probably shot ~400 rounds through the gun. The magazine BB follower's bolt catch broke off today after firing through the mag. Also, the magazine actually deformed (bent outward) right under the feed lip and no longer fits into the gun easily. Also, follower literally rubs against the plastic of the gun when  the mag is inserted into the gun, and prevents the follower from moving up the entire magazine (causing it not to feed). The magazine was lubed and the gun itself works beautifully thus far- but man, this magazine is absolutely an atrocious piece of crap that ruins the entire experience. I'm aware that i can buy parts from the KWA store, but if they are going to fail this often from normal use, it's not worth it to me.

I do believe I was treating the gun and mag perfectly fine. I lightly applied lube to the mag when I obtained it, I always release excess gas in the mag in pulses and not all at once to ensure that it doesn't freeze up, I put green gas into the mag in 2 second bursts (again so the mag doesn't freeze up), and I was even careful to make sure that the BBs stack correctly when loading the mag. Please tell me when I have done wrong, if anything.

Also feel free to recommend similar, more reliable guns.

Edited by sopwyin54, 28 October 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#2 PJ-P09

PJ-P09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'm amazed with your experience.. i have the gun for almost a year and any problem at all only a broken disconnector.. are you sure that you are inserting the mag properly? Did you dropped your magazine to the floor? is the only reason i can guess for it to be deformed...
Are you sure that the mag is for NS2 system, it may be for pre-NS2 or for the KSC version of the gun... or you may have pre NS2 and trying to use NS2 mags...
Can you post some pictures?

#3 sopwyin54

sopwyin54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

The mag has not been dropped onto any surface, hard or soft. Neither has the gun. I really want to love the gun, and while it was functioning properly for the first few mags it seemed amazing. Below are pictures of the issues i'm having with the mag.

(Outside links because of the 500k limit here. Make sure you click View Full Size Image from tinypic!)

http://i39.tinypic.com/29zeq11.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/a9om81.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/zygawo.jpg

EDIT: The magazine in question is the one that was supplied with the gun itself, and i have not used any other magazine with the gun.

Edited by sopwyin54, 28 October 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#4 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postsopwyin54, on 28 October 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I'm just going to post this here for anyone looking to buy this gun, as I wouldn't recommend it. I've had this gun for three days, and the magazine already broke in two ways. I've probably shot ~400 rounds through the gun. The magazine BB follower's bolt catch broke off today after firing through the mag. Also, the magazine actually deformed (bent outward) right under the feed lip and no longer fits into the gun easily. Also, follower literally rubs against the plastic of the gun when  the mag is inserted into the gun, and prevents the follower from moving up the entire magazine (causing it not to feed). The magazine was lubed and the gun itself works beautifully thus far- but man, this magazine is absolutely an atrocious piece of crap that ruins the entire experience. I'm aware that i can buy parts from the KWA store, but if they are going to fail this often from normal use, it's not worth it to me.

I do believe I was treating the gun and mag perfectly fine. I lightly applied lube to the mag when I obtained it, I always release excess gas in the mag in pulses and not all at once to ensure that it doesn't freeze up, I put green gas into the mag in 2 second bursts (again so the mag doesn't freeze up), and I was even careful to make sure that the BBs stack correctly when loading the mag. Please tell me when I have done wrong, if anything.

Also feel free to recommend similar, more reliable guns.
Hello, sopwyin54. I am sorry to hear your magazine is damaged the way you described. Everything you have described is textbook damage of allowing the follower to slam into the top of the magazine. Regular use is not enough travel distance from feeding the last bb to generate enough force to deform the metal at the top of the magazine. This impact also deforms the follower (Newton's third law of motion), thus the deformed metal on the follower rubbing against the inside of the magazine well.

#5 sopwyin54

sopwyin54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Ah that's gotta be it; thank you all for the quick responses.

#6 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

View Postsopwyin54, on 28 October 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Ah that's gotta be it; thank you all for the quick responses.
Glad we can help. Just remember for any future KWA products you may own, don't let the follower slam into the top of the magazine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mag, magazine, kmp9, mp9, broke, broken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users