Jump to content


Slide wont lock after last BB


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Peter-Paul Kurstjens

Peter-Paul Kurstjens

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Just bought me  a new Hk45 here, and fires neatly. However, i noticed that after the last BB is fired, the gun keeps dry-firing...seems the switch that locks the upperslide wont look automatically.

is this normal? if i do a manual feed (powerstroke), the feed locks neatly. Using 0.2gr bb's and green gas.

Noticed howver the spring at Posted Image has a slight ben downwards...is this OK?

#2 SR105

SR105

    Tech

  • KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Walnut, CA
  • Country:

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Could you also post pictures of the section of the slide that the slide-stop engages?

#3 Peter-Paul Kurstjens

Peter-Paul Kurstjens

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

made a picture.

Posted Image

is this picture OK for you?

edit: noticed the slide release wont get fast enough/completely upward to lock the slide....when i do a manual it locks OK.

Edited by Peter-Paul Kurstjens, 12 October 2013 - 11:05 AM.


#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

If you take a close look at the slide where the lock engages you will see that it is rounded.  This may be rectified by taking a small file and bringing the notch back to 90 degrees. This should fix your issue assuming there are no others present.  Please note: your serial number indicates this is an Umarex product. Proceed at your our risk with this procedure.  If you are not comfortable attempting this please return your gun to Umarex for a warranty repair.

#5 Peter-Paul Kurstjens

Peter-Paul Kurstjens

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

View Postgcw360, on 13 October 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

If you take a close look at the slide where the lock engages you will see that it is rounded.  This may be rectified by taking a small file and bringing the notch back to 90 degrees. This should fix your issue assuming there are no others present.  Please note: your serial number indicates this is an Umarex product. Proceed at your our risk with this procedure.  If you are not comfortable attempting this please return your gun to Umarex for a warranty repair.

hm interesting...when i examine stock/user photos i see its rectangular instead of rounded yes. However - can this be a production issue or did it just broke of ? I have a diamond file, but think ill go for a replacement part then.

Could there be also any other issues? like to less gas being pumped for the recoil?

#6 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostPeter-Paul Kurstjens, on 13 October 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

hm interesting...when i examine stock/user photos i see its rectangular instead of rounded yes. However - can this be a production issue or did it just broke of ? I have a diamond file, but think ill go for a replacement part then.

Could there be also any other issues? like to less gas being pumped for the recoil?
There could be a number of issues from insufficient gas to a damaged BB follower in addition to what was mentioned before.  Because this product is supported by Umarex and not KWA, you should follow-up with them regarding repair or parts replacement.  You have a 1 year warranty from them so all should be good I figure.

#7 Peter-Paul Kurstjens

Peter-Paul Kurstjens

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Postgcw360, on 13 October 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

There could be a number of issues from insufficient gas to a damaged BB follower in addition to what was mentioned before.  Because this product is supported by Umarex and not KWA, you should follow-up with them regarding repair or parts replacement.  You have a 1 year warranty from them so all should be good I figure.

ill contact the dealer first thing tomorrow morning. Regarding umarex / kwa - dealer sold it as KWA built with umarex brandings, therefor my questions here :) but of course, its a Umarex variant (KWAM OEM), thus replacement support needs to go via them.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostPeter-Paul Kurstjens, on 13 October 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

ill contact the dealer first thing tomorrow morning. Regarding umarex / kwa - dealer sold it as KWA built with umarex brandings, therefor my questions here :) but of course, its a Umarex variant (KWAM OEM), thus replacement support needs to go via them.
Yes, that's correct.  Until recently, KWA had an agreement to distribute HK licensed GBB products on behalf of Umarex. This agreement has since ended and now all tech and warranty support is supposed to come from Umarex.  That said, we wouldn't want to leave you high and dry and thus the reply to your post.  Moving forward you should contact Umarex however.

#9 Peter-Paul Kurstjens

Peter-Paul Kurstjens

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

hi all, i just came back from the store. they gave me a brand new Umarex HK45 (built by KWA). tested it at home immediatly and fires perfect so far. Thanks for the support and advice. Much appreciated.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostPeter-Paul Kurstjens, on 17 October 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

hi all, i just came back from the store. they gave me a brand new Umarex HK45 (built by KWA). tested it at home immediatly and fires perfect so far. Thanks for the support and advice. Much appreciated.
:tsuki:

#11 marcron

marcron

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country:

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

Paul, can you tell me if you have still the same problem? i had exactly the same thing with my H&K MK 23. its the same construction. looking on the internet the used material seem to be the problem. this type of aluminium is to softfor this construction. i`ve found a suplier that make`s the parts of steel. but    € 200,00 is to expensive for me. marcron

#12 Chuck S

Chuck S

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Country:

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

Note the pistol has a slide stop.  If incorrectly used as a slide release it can round the retention slot in the slide as shown in the photo posted several weeks ago which shows pretty severe damage rather than a defect.  Soft metal slide is more prone to this damage than one made of steel but it's still a slide stop.  Professional firearms training schools rarely recommend using it as a slide stop as long as you retain the use of both hands.

Yes, it will release the slide if depressed but this is considered a fine motor skill and subject to failure in moments of stress.  Reach over the slide, thumb pointed toward your chest, and cycle the slide to close it. Works for all pistols, all the time.  (Some pistols lack external slide stops.)

Please don't point out professional shooters who shoot thousands of rounds a week using it as a slide release!  They have skills we mere mortals seldom achieve and mimicking some their fine motor skill techniques in inefficient.  

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 17 December 2013 - 03:52 AM.


#13 bid2630

bid2630

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento, CA
  • Country:

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Agree with Chuck 100% on this.  But I still noticed that there was a little rounding even after I filed it straight again so I used some "clear coat" resin (from building fishing rods) on the notch in the slide to resist additional wear.  So far so good.

#14 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postbid2630, on 15 December 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Agree with Chuck 100% on this.  But I still noticed that there was a little rounding even after I filed it straight again so I used some "clear coat" resin (from building fishing rods) on the notch in the slide to resist additional wear.  So far so good.
Good idea.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users