Jump to content


Looking for rails for my KWA KM4

rails gun repair

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 theairsoftguy

theairsoftguy

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!
  • Country:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

Hello,


     I am looking for a really good set of rails that will fit tightly and line up correctly on my KM4. I have tried the NCstar rails and utg quad rails. I was wondering if KWA sells some made for the KM4 series. Thank you in advance!

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Country:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

I have a UTG U416S railed handguard on my LM4 and see no reason it won't work on the KM4.  Does not bridge the handguard slip ring (delta ring) but mounts very securely and seems to line up accurately with the upper receiver rail.  Not sure you're going to duplicate  a monolithic rail easily and it will be expensive.  I prefer to keep accessory costs below the cost of the gun.  ;)

-- Chuck

#3 vanevery

vanevery

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostChuck S, on 24 February 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

I have a UTG U416S railed handguard on my LM4 and see no reason it won't work on the KM4.  Does not bridge the handguard slip ring (delta ring) but mounts very securely and seems to line up accurately with the upper receiver rail.  Not sure you're going to duplicate  a monolithic rail easily and it will be expensive.  I prefer to keep accessory costs below the cost of the gun.  ;)

-- Chuck

I vouch for the UTG Quad Rails.
They are difficult to get on but will fit correctly.
The upper goes over the HandGuard cap.
The lower has a slotted groove that fits on the HandGuard cap and the rest of the front goes over the HandGuard cap, from underneath.

I have these on my KWA DMR.
Posted Image

Edited by vanevery, 24 February 2013 - 11:29 AM.


#4 theairsoftguy

theairsoftguy

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!
  • Country:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Thank you I will Look into them and let you know how it worked out

#5 mockingshot

mockingshot

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Fixing my screw-ups
  • Country:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

View Postvanevery, on 24 February 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

I vouch for the UTG Quad Rails.
They are difficult to get on but will fit correctly.
The upper goes over the HandGuard cap.
The lower has a slotted groove that fits on the HandGuard cap and the rest of the front goes over the HandGuard cap, from underneath.

I have these on my KWA DMR.
Posted Image
Just no. What kinda upgrades do you have in it besides that external junk?

Edited by mockingshot, 24 February 2013 - 07:23 PM.


#6 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

View Postmockingshot, on 24 February 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Just no. What kinda upgrades do you have in it besides that external junk?
External junk? Not sure what you are driving at?

#7 Chuck S

Chuck S

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Country:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Here's how the UTG U416S fits the front handguard bracket:

Posted Image

Posted Image

-- Chuck





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rails, gun, repair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users