• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fightin-irish2-2

fightin-irish2-2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

okay ive had my kwa atp for 14 weeks now and every week i clean it but now for some odd reason it half cycles and jams even on a full mag of gas and at times the slide will stick and you have to bang it on a table to get it to retract and at sometimes when it gets like that you cant even pull the slide back

some one help?

#2 bishop5038

bishop5038

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

Well first thing I would suggest is not to bang your gun on a table to return the slide foward. Now if it is jaming or half cycling there is a chance that might be due to the a recoil guild being damaged on part #60. There can be damage to part #16 the hammer which would account the irregular cycling; however, it would be a better choice to summit a ticket on help desk to send in your ATP for an RMA.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

Or it could be a bad release valve.  I recommend try first cleaning and relubing it.  If you have a valve key completely remove it for cleaning if possible.  But as bishy said, send it in if that doesn't fix your issues.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postfightin-irish2-2, on 06 June 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

okay ive had my kwa atp for 14 weeks now and every week i clean it but now for some odd reason it half cycles and jams even on a full mag of gas and at times the slide will stick and you have to bang it on a table to get it to retract and at sometimes when it gets like that you cant even pull the slide back

some one help?
Sorry you are having issues.  I have a few questions.  Which ATP version is this?  Does it have the subdued trades or white lettering?

#5 fightin-irish2-2

fightin-irish2-2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Postgcw360, on 06 June 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Sorry you are having issues.  I have a few questions.  Which ATP version is this?  Does it have the subdued trades or white lettering?
white lettering my freind who works on kwa's says its the version 2 atp
and about the banging on a table when youve tried everything else thats what i resorted to
also how much will it cost if out of warranty and if my orange tip has fallen off

#6 fightin-irish2-2

fightin-irish2-2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

also my dad has deep cleaned it meaning even cleaning it with a brush cause i live in arizona where dust buildup is frequent but so far its working fine but when i get to the feild this weekend we will see if the cleaning doesent work ill just send it in

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users