Help: Hop-up isn't really doing what its supposed to...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Steggy

Steggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

Okay, well this is my very first post, and I made this account specifically to ask about this. So I've come up with a recent problem lately: my hop up isn't really being a factor when it comes to the behavior of the BB's (even when I adjust it a crap ton of times). I'm using .25's and they're flying all over the place. I'm trying to get my gun to where it's skirmish-able in an outdoor environment, and I can't even get it to shoot accurately at a 100 yards (guessing at this point - haven't really measured)

Here's the current upgrades in the gun:
Maple Leaf 70 degree bucking
RA Tech TBB

That's it. Any ideas for any upgrade/method to fixing this problem and making my gun skirmish-able in outdoor games?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostSteggy, on 22 June 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

Okay, well this is my very first post, and I made this account specifically to ask about this. So I've come up with a recent problem lately: my hop up isn't really being a factor when it comes to the behavior of the BB's (even when I adjust it a crap ton of times). I'm using .25's and they're flying all over the place. I'm trying to get my gun to where it's skirmish-able in an outdoor environment, and I can't even get it to shoot accurately at a 100 yards (guessing at this point - haven't really measured)

Here's the current upgrades in the gun:
Maple Leaf 70 degree bucking
RA Tech TBB

That's it. Any ideas for any upgrade/method to fixing this problem and making my gun skirmish-able in outdoor games?
Uh, 100yards?  Or 100 feet?

#3 Steggy

Steggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

View Postgcw360, on 22 June 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

Uh, 100yards?  Or 100 feet?
Okay, well let's just say after some more accurate gestimation, I came up with 50-70 yards before the BB's started to fly all over the place. It's no where near being skirmish-able at the 136 acre outdoor field that's in my state.

Edited by Steggy, 23 June 2014 - 05:53 AM.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Bump the BB mass up to 0.32g and see if she does better.  100 yards is the length of a football field and it's difficult enough to get hits with real rifles once the targets are out to this range.

The high-power bolt will help as well.

-- Chuck

#5 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:47 AM

Like others have said, 100 yards of range would be incredible. Even 50-70 yards is a respectable range (especially 70). Aside from that, as long as you've installed your hop-up system correctly, it should be shooting very hard. A .25g BB is too light for that set up. I have the RA-Tech barrel, and EVO II hop-up with a somewhat ground rocket valve. It fired constantly at about 425fps with .20g in 55 degree weather. That would be substantially higher on a warm day. With the hop-up dialed all the way up .32g bb's are flying upwards at 100ft or so, it's very effective. I recommend using heavier bb's, and dialing the hop-up to the stronger side. I can get some remarkable accuracy and range with .32g bb's when the hop-up is set very strong.

#6 Steggy

Steggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Yeah thanks for the replies guys. I guess 100 yards is a bit too much to ask for, but I made a ton of progress. I ordered some more BB's and I'm now contemplating whether I should get .43's to test out. I've also got some sick range when I installed the NPAS system, which seemed to work wonders for my WE SCAR when it was shooting like a pea shooter also. Again, thanks for the advice! I'll see if I can get the EVO II hop up system and install that too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users